Is Hawk worth buying it? - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
Bersagliere81

Default Is Hawk worth buying it?

Few hours left for the discount, and I am so tempted to buy it.

I am relatively new in this game (I do own th A-10C although I am still learning to fly it yet), and I would like to ask few questions to the owners of this module.

I know it is somehow still bugged and EFM has been implemented. Will it be fixed/upgraded in the future? And does it have a campaign or something more than just flying around with no real objectives?

Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated

Last edited by Bersagliere81; 05-09-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
some1

No, at this moment no. Especially if you are relatively new to this game. It should get fixed in the future (I hope), but judging from the current development pace, there will be at least a few more sales by the time it gets finished.

If you want a relatively simple trainer aircraft to fly around, there's already a better module from ED themselves.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
Bersagliere81

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
If you want a relatively simple trainer aircraft to fly around, there's already a better module from ED themselves.
Yeah I heard about it. But it wad the lower price tempting me. Thank you for the answer
Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Tom Thomsen

I'd recommend to buy a different module (L-39 for example). Hawk is to buggy until now. We all hope for several fixes from VEAO...
Old 05-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
xjiks

Actually, as of today I would say, buy it but don't play it now.
The move between SFM to EFM broke and fixed so much things and to me it's not playable yet.

For example what keeps me from playing now is I can't use wheel brakes left and right toghether (so I can't land!) and this is a real stop for me at the moment.

I'm not complaining about issues, because this module is still beta and of course still have bugs. But flying on the EFM is just great !

Spoiler:

My specs:
Asus Z77-A
Intel I5 3570K @3,6GHz
Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X 3GB
16GB DDR3
Saitek X-52
Track IR 4
Windows 7/64bits
Old 05-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Bersagliere81

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjiks View Post
Actually, as of today I would say, buy it but don't play it now.
The move between SFM to EFM broke and fixed so much things and to me it's not playable yet.

For example what keeps me from playing now is I can't use wheel brakes left and right toghether (so I can't land!) and this is a real stop for me at the moment.

I'm not complaining about issues, because this module is still beta and of course still have bugs. But flying on the EFM is just great !
It's what most likely I am going to do. I find it cheap enough and I really love the look of it. Let'hope for fixes.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
Bersagliere81

Is there (or is it planned) a campaig for it? Or is it going to be just as "free flight"?
Old 05-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #8
nawarren

Hi,

I bought it when it first came out and it's the only DCS module I regret buying. To me it is the least polished of any of the other modules. I bought all modules in beta and whereas others improved and were flyable all the time, the Hawk has been anything but. Whilst the new EFM is impressive, its also very buggy. It's such a shame as I'd love to have a great hawk in DCS. Maybe one day they will have the hawk that the sim deserves, but i'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
Bersagliere81

At the end I bought it just before sales end. The lowest price and the look of it made me choose it.
Yes it is buggy and I was totally aware of it. I did have some fun, let's hope this sort of "gamble" will be rewarded with a module that will match ED standards.

Thank you all for your suggestions
Old 05-09-2016, 11:37 PM   #10
Justificus

You know, I never had any interest in the trainers, and still don't. Not sure what possessed me to buy the module but I did when they (VEAO) had a really good sale and I've been surprised at how much I keep going back to it. It's not my favorite, just not into trainers, but it's a cool little plane that just keeps getting better. Sure, it has its rough spots and needs more work but they are working on it and want it to be as good as we do if not better. It's been a big learning experience for them and I'm willing to cut them some slack. There's been lots of communication and they seem like an honest straight forward bunch. Looking forward to seeing what else they come out with and how the Hawk settles out.

System Specs:
Spoiler:
i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus Rift, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf
Closed Thread