[Official] SimShaker for Aviators - Page 212 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #2111
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiper View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer-

Can you run simshaker software and drive the jet seat and buttkicker 2 at the same time using usb mode?
I think you need to buy an extra module Sound to run the buttkicker.
i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | 250 Gb 970 EVO SSD | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog stick | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
FC3 - A-10C - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - NTTR - PG
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #2112
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
That´s interesting of you to say; I notice landing gear effects for the Tomcat quite weak and weird.

Enjoy your new place!!
Never mind this statement.
I was modifiyng the values on the fly while playing, VR on. I had been changing the A-10 profile instead of Tomcat´s
Now I can feel those tiny details you mention about Heatblur being particularly involved with SSA software. Engine rumble for taking off is really nice.
I keep missing the landing gear doors closing though.

Thank you
i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | 250 Gb 970 EVO SSD | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog stick | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
FC3 - A-10C - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - NTTR - PG
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #2113
rrohde
Veteran

@f4l0 - when can we expect SSA to support the DCS Fw-190A? Thanks.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #2114
pj

You can plug the jetseat audio into the computer speaker output, then plug the buttkicker into the jetseat audio output. With the jetseat in usb mode audio will pass through and drive the buttkicker. You will not have any special effects on the buttkicker, just the audio rumble.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #2115
MarcosR

anyone is having an issue with simshaker for aviators. For me for the last 2 weeks is closing with no error as soon it starts.. i see the icon in the tray and then nothing it closes.. anybody have any advice?
MarcosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #2116
skunk160

Got my twin transducer setup, sim for aviators and sound module going. works like a charm, wish I'd looked into it sooner.

The only critique I'd give would be to rename the whole Simshaker product line. the "sound module" especially.

Simshaker Jetseat - Free

as above but with Soundmodule included

Simshaker Transducer - $30

and the Simshaker for wings/ wheels

Simshaker BMS
Simshaker Great Battles
Simshaker Project Cars

Simshaker Flight (NOW WITH ADDED DCS!!)
Simshaker Racing

Just thinking out loud, very very pleased with what Simshaker has brought to my Simming
skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | MFG Crosswind | Logitech G25| TM TH8 RS | NRG wheel | DSD Switch box | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2
//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745
skunk160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #2117
f4l0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk160 View Post
The only critique I'd give would be to rename the whole Simshaker product line. the "sound module" especially.
You should read about the history of the project and that there are two different persons involved in this... This explains alot

Quote:
08/09/17
Future of SimShaker for Aviators

Dear SSA users,

some years ago I bothered Andre to implement certain features into his SimShaker software. As I was very annoyed ;-), Andre and I had been talking a lot and sometime later he asked me to team up and work together on the SimShaker software. I joined and developed for free because I really can not fly without that software anymore and was to impatient to get new features/effects .
At the beginning we worked together. After some time, Andre started the SimShaker-Wheels project and I rewrote almost the entire code of SimShaker leading to SimShaker for Aviators supporting today DCS, X-Plane, FSX, P3D. In fact, after that point I was the only developer of SimShaker for Aviators and Andre focused on Wheels and his great E-Shop (https://andres.shop/)!

Today, people are mixing up Andre's shop, Jetseat, SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker SoundModule. This lead to some confusions. In addition, the request to support new flight sims is increasing. Also giving free support can be very time consuming. I think some clarifications and statements about the future of this project are necessary!

As some of you know, I plan to submit my phd thesis in the next half year and who knows what life brings then. I spent to much time and energy to let SSA simply go . Thus, I will focus on SSA as it is today. This mean, SSA will be limited to DCS, X-Plane, FSX and P3D on a free/donation basis. As you all know, I sometimes just bought modules to add support in SSA for them and provided it free to you. Because my main motivation is having a better simulation experience for me and you.

For me it was always challenging to distinguished between the payware/money side and the 'free/donation' side. Thus, Andre and I agreed that all current and future payware extension like BMS will be transferred to SimShaker Wings, a separate application, developed/maintained by Andre. I will continue my work on SSA!

I'm sure, some parts/ideas/effects of Wings and SSA will merge or influence each other :-). We plan as well to share our existing infrastructure such as Slack, FB group, FTP/HTTP servers, Help Desk, etc.

I wish Andre good luck and hope he will have success with his projects!

Olaf (f4l0)

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel i7-8700k, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #2118
skunk160

Oh yea, I did read that and being in the games industry I understand how hard it can be to "rebrand" products

but as "criticisms" go it's so very minor and I am thoroughly enjoying both yours and Andre's hard work.
skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | MFG Crosswind | Logitech G25| TM TH8 RS | NRG wheel | DSD Switch box | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2
//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745
skunk160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #2119
VampireNZ

Just advising, there is no touchdown effect for the Gazelle.

Also just a question - will the F-16 be compatible on release, or will the program need an addition/update?
(Not sure of SSA works natively with new aircraft, or needs specific parameters input into the program for newly released a/c in DCS)

Last edited by VampireNZ; 09-12-2019 at 09:39 AM.
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:02 PM   #2120
MrPiper

Edit to post and answered my own question and solved my problem.

Last edited by MrPiper; 09-14-2019 at 01:21 PM.
MrPiper is offline   Reply With Quote