EE Lightning: Why we need it! - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #101
Alicatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero.ger View Post
there are so many AC more interresting than this
Depends on whom you are asking, the only aircraft that would have caused me to hesitate slightly between the Lightning and the other, we already have in the shape of the F-14. So as we already have that then it is the Lightning hands down most interesting aircraft to have next.

Yeah, Yeah I know I'm biased, but the Lightning is still the one aircraft I most desire to have in DCS.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #102
Hummingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero.ger View Post
there are so many AC more interresting than this
I strongly & respectfully disagree.

Since the F-4E, F-8 & F-16 are all confirmed, the latter being near completion, I cannot think of a more interesting aircraft to have after these than the EE Lightning.

And I'm Danish btw, so no nationalistic bias here, I just recognize an awesome aircraft when I see (& study) it.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #103
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post

Since the F-4E, F-8 & F-16 are all confirmed, the latter being near completion, I cannot think of a more interesting aircraft to have after these than the EE Lightning.

How about the F-104? It was built in much larger numbers and was used in significantly more air forces than the rather exotic Lightning.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:45 AM   #104
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
How about the F-104? It was built in much larger numbers and was used in significantly more air forces than the rather exotic Lightning.
Absolutely would love an F104. One if the early ones with the downward ejection please.

I have a thing for manned missiles! F104, Mig 21, Lightning etc

Not related to your post norbot but I'm always puzzled by some people's hostility towards any suggestion for a module that is't one they personally like.

My attitude: if the data is available and a developer wants to do it it would be a welcome addition. If it's something a bit odd and flawed all the better.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #105
Hummingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
Well like I said I recognize awesome aircraft, the F-104 was anything but awesome IMHO. Fast yes, but absolute rubbish in most other aspects. Worst aircraft Denmark ever deployed, and it didn't have a very charming reputation in Germany either.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #106
eatthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Pretty sure the Lightning Preservation Group would be eager to help... live aircraft too so think of all those lovely authentic sounds that could be recorded!
YES!!!!
eatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #107
Alicatt

Quote:
Well like I said I recognize awesome aircraft, the F-104 was anything but awesome IMHO. Fast yes, but absolute rubbish in most other aspects. Worst aircraft Denmark ever deployed, and it didn't have a very charming reputation in Germany either.
The F-104 was based at our local airbase before they transitioned to F-16s, we even have a F-104 on the end of a pole stuck in the middle of a roundabout here.

I'm not adverse to having other aircraft and am quite looking forward to seeing the F-16 in game even though it is a different model than the ones that routinely disturb my mornings

There was one team doing a F-104 module for DCS but they stopped a while back.

Still, I would love nothing better than a Lightning, preferably one of the export models with the ground attack capability as well as the air to air.

Now, I must transfer my VHS LPG videos to digital, they have been gathering dust in the cellar for too long
Old 09-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #108
Hummingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicatt View Post
The F-104 was based at our local airbase before they transitioned to F-16s, we even have a F-104 on the end of a pole stuck in the middle of a roundabout here.

I'm not adverse to having other aircraft and am quite looking forward to seeing the F-16 in game even though it is a different model than the ones that routinely disturb my mornings

There was one team doing a F-104 module for DCS but they stopped a while back.

Still, I would love nothing better than a Lightning, preferably one of the export models with the ground attack capability as well as the air to air.

Now, I must transfer my VHS LPG videos to digital, they have been gathering dust in the cellar for too long
Yeah we also have several sitting on top of poles here in Denmark as well as a few Drakens (an aircraft which could be fun to have in DCS too), including one right next to a roundabout outside the airbase in Aalborg

The EE Lightning is for sure also the jet module I want to see the most in DCS of those which haven't yet been confirmed.

A big dream is to at some point be dogfighting MiG-21 & MiG-19's in a DCS EE Lightning module

Last edited by Hummingbird; 09-12-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #109
Alicatt

Quote:
Yeah we also have several sitting on top of poles here in Denmark as well as a few Drakens (an aircraft which could be fun to have in DCS too), including one right next to a roundabout outside the airbase in Aalborg

The EE Lightning is for sure also the jet module I want to see the most in DCS of those which haven't yet been confirmed.

A big dream is to at some point be dogfighting MiG-21 & MiG-19's in a DCS EE Lightning module
I do too want to try the Lightning against a host of other aircraft, and hoping the flight manages to last more than one pass before the Lightning has to tank

It's bad here tonight, normally I would be at the sunset airshow but my grandson wanted to go on Sunday instead, all these aircraft flying over my house going from Kleine Brogel to Sanicole Seen a B17, the Swiss F5 display team - hang one was even doing a swiss roll climbing away from K-B airbase