Mission 4 broken - Wolf 1 returns to Batumi - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 01:50 AM   #1
DataX

Default Mission 4 broken - Wolf 1 returns to Batumi

Hi,

thx for the nice campaign. But I think mission 4 is broken at the moment. At a certain point, your wingman Wolf 1 flies over the clouds and returns to Batumi. Somewhere when You are insprecting the generator stations and bridges. I tried it two times and always the same result.

Greets
Data
DataX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataX View Post
Hi,

thx for the nice campaign. But I think mission 4 is broken at the moment. At a certain point, your wingman Wolf 1 flies over the clouds and returns to Batumi. Somewhere when You are insprecting the generator stations and bridges. I tried it two times and always the same result.

Greets
Data
Check that tody THANKS !
Old 08-27-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
CHPL

Can confirm that issue.

Works fine when testing and screws up when actual flying.
solving the problem as soon as possible.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
CHPL

Mission fixed.
AI abandoned the mission because of a lack of fuel
Never happened when testing the mission.

the miz file is already sent to ED
Old 08-28-2019, 01:45 AM   #5
DataX

Thanks for the quick fix. As already said, it´s a really immersive campaign so far.
DataX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:54 AM   #6
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataX View Post
Thanks for the quick fix. As already said, it´s a really immersive campaign so far.
Hope you get aware of all the details, quite sure you can fly any mission several times and you will still find new details.
Manny many triggers involved.
We are still working on the missions to improve the quality even more.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
Jyge

I got to the same problem, so apparently the update is not in beta yet. Anyway there is another issue. When I start the mission I get the 50 points. I had repeatedly a look at the scoreboard during the mission and I had the points until climbing through the cloud, there it went to 0. Later, of course I could not complete the mission as the Wolf 1 went south...

Is there some sort of trigger that reduces points if the distance to Wolf 1 gets too great?
Jyge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #8
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyge View Post
I got to the same problem, so apparently the update is not in beta yet. Anyway there is another issue. When I start the mission I get the 50 points. I had repeatedly a look at the scoreboard during the mission and I had the points until climbing through the cloud, there it went to 0. Later, of course I could not complete the mission as the Wolf 1 went south...

Is there some sort of trigger that reduces points if the distance to Wolf 1 gets too great?

No is not.
As mentioned the points are only for the Campaign handler.

But thank you very much for your precise description.

Points related to a Flag set at the beginning of the mission. When the mission progresses flags no longer needed are deleted to clean up the table.

There may be a small chance that points already given may depend further on the Flag?
I check that out over the weekend and at a precaution bind the points to a flag they exist until the end of the mission.

Ther is no information on how the campaign handler works in detail so we neede several tests to figure that out. But anyway, there is still the question why this not happened during the ED test phase. We know that in particular, the campaign handler was an important part of the testing.

Again many thanks for or your efforts and patience solving that issue.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
Gerd-Wiem

Ah, to much less fuel to wolf 1, cause that he is suddenly away from me. And we can nothing do absent only wait for an update, what a pity.
Gerd-Wiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #10
CHPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerd-Wiem View Post
Ah, to much less fuel to wolf 1, cause that he is suddenly away from me. And we can nothing do absent only wait for an update, what a pity.
The good news is:
Obvious there are some changes in the Uh-1 module concerning engine and fuel consumption. So they work on the module, And we have fixed that problem already so it's up to ED and hopefully the next Beta update.

But anyway Sorry for the inconvenience. For us, it is also frustrating when after more than 100 hours testing such issues brek a complete mission.

Tags
bug