How to set multiplayer to "guns only"? - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
davebert
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 292
Default How to set multiplayer to "guns only"?

Can you set a mission with the FA-18C to guns only for multiplayer? If so, how?
Thanks
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer
 
feefifofum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,119
Default

Broadly, yes. Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly you're trying to accomplish?
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
davebert
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Broadly, yes. Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly you're trying to accomplish?

Just having dogfights with some of my team players and want to enforce guns only and no missiles. I guess if everybody just follows the rules it wouldn't be a problem but sometimes people get silly and do silly stuff. This would keep everyone from being able to load up other weapons, mainly AA missiles.
Thanks
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 AM   #4
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer
 
feefifofum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,119
Default

Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
davebert
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.

Perfect. Thank you for the help and info.

DB
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:45 AM   #6
GTFreeFlyer
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Orange County, California, USA
Posts: 291
Default

Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf
__________________
Sim: RTX2080, Rift CV1, 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz, Intel i7-8700 3.2 GHz, SSD, Windows 10 (Omen by HP Obelisk Desktop), Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Rudder Pedals
DLC: A-10C, Hornet, Huey, PG, NTTR, The Enemy Within, Piercing Fury
IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
davebert
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf

Can I get a copy of that script please?
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.