How to set multiplayer to "guns only"? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
davebert

Default How to set multiplayer to "guns only"?

Can you set a mission with the FA-18C to guns only for multiplayer? If so, how?
Thanks
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Broadly, yes. Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly you're trying to accomplish?
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Broadly, yes. Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly you're trying to accomplish?

Just having dogfights with some of my team players and want to enforce guns only and no missiles. I guess if everybody just follows the rules it wouldn't be a problem but sometimes people get silly and do silly stuff. This would keep everyone from being able to load up other weapons, mainly AA missiles.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 AM   #4
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:03 AM   #5
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.

Perfect. Thank you for the help and info.

DB
Old 08-30-2019, 12:45 AM   #6
GTFreeFlyer

Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf

Can I get a copy of that script please?