Dispersal Pattern For Ripples

melchionda

Hi,

Does anyone know how the dipersal pattern for ripples with CBUs works? Lets say you ripple three CBUs with a spread pattern of 75'. Does that mean that they will be 75' apart in a line that's parallel with the fall line? Or perpendicular to the fall line? Or a combination of both? Also, if you ripple 3 bombs do you need to hold down the button for the ripple program to release all three or do you just push the button and all three go automatically?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Bombs fall in a line, at the set setting, centered around the pipper.

So with 3 bombs in the profile, 1 will fall at the pipper location, 1 will drop 75' long, the other will drop 75'ft short.

Same for CBU's, with the addition that the canisters will open at the configured altitude and disperse the sub munitions.

To know the footprint of each canister, you can use this reference: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=73

You have to keep pressing the button until all weapons are released.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

OMG... its like there is a "sim with in the sim" for "flying" the CBUs.

Very helpful... thanks.

My next question would be does anyone share the feeling that I have that the CBUs never end up doing all that much damage to the targets? I dropped four of them in a ripple onto the compounds in the A10C "Hideout" and "Serpents Head" missions.. I think each drop took out one or two ground targets at the most. I expected it to be more effective.

Maybe the secret is that you have to adjust the CBU settings to optimize the dispersal patterns?

Sean

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

IMO the best effects with CBU’s are reached when dropping in pairs, and keep the footprint as small as possible for the target.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro