LIFT OFF THE GROUND

Tail rotor thrust used to counteract M/R torque and keep you straight is directed sideways, so you naturally need to counter the sideways drift with some opposite direction cyclic, which tilts the helicopter in that direction a little, hence not 'flat' at lift off or landing.

Heavier you are the more torque you need to lift off = more tail rotor = more required cyclic 'tilt'.

Right cyclic/pedal for Mi-8 and Gazelle, Left cyclic/pedal for Huey.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elementary helo physics, just compensate with your controls.

Exactly this, pull the collective up until the wheels are light on the ground, compensate torque with the pedals. adjust cyclic to lift off wheels level depending on your load.... it is always different.

the MI-8 is the best chopper in DCS bar none.

We dream of the MI-24 being as good as this.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.