Flap setting Hotas

LNR212

This work for Mig-21, creating flaps up, take-off (middle) and landing positions.

-Alternate flaps
{down = device_commands.Button_1, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Alternate Flaps Up middle'), category = _('Flight Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_3, up = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Alternate Flaps Landing middle'), category = _('Flight Control')},

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a modded default.lua that contains new settings for both 3 position flaps for the Warthog HOTAS and for stepping over the gate when starting the engines, from STOP to IDLE.

Place it in /DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/L-39C/input/L-39C/joystick.

Recommend backing up the default.lua first

cheers

Hi,

This doesn't seem to work any more since the latest patch of a couple of days ago. I copied your default.lua into the correct folder, and the alternate flap commands appear, but you can now only assign a keyboard command or rudder button to it, the other options are greyed out. In particular I would like to assign those to my warthog throttle, but I cannot select it. Worked perfectly until the latest patch. Help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

This doesn't seem to work any more since the latest patch of a couple of days ago. I copied your default.lua into the correct folder, and the alternate flap commands appear, but you can now only assign a keyboard command or rudder button to it, the other options are greyed out. In particular I would like to assign those to my warthog throttle, but I cannot select it. Worked perfectly until the latest patch. Help!

I think that what you're seeing is caused by this bug:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152016

• 4 years later...

This thread has been extremely helpful.

Though, the ALTERNATE FLAPS code does not work with my Warthog throttle when I paste it in the default.lua file in the L39C joystick subdirectory. However, it works like a charm when I paste it in the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,