VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

1 thing maybe, voice attack is 1.7.6 now I think.

not sure it would cause these issues.

I upgraded it, still the same issue. Always centered around changing radar modes. Particularly with attempting to change radar to standby.

I've been having issues with getting my wingman to attack a target I've set a SPI for. This is A10C is that makes a difference.

What I've noticed is there is no "default" cue in VAICOM for the wingman. I have to give them a direction for the attack, which isn't always preferable, and most times I just want him to attack. I should add, I have the settings both for requiring engage and the extended commands checked.

Am I missing something? I looked at the command list, and don't see "default" in there.

Edited by Bahnzo

I've been having issues with getting my wingman to attack a target I've set a SPI for. This is A10C is that makes a difference.

What I've noticed is there is no "default" cue in VAICOM for the wingman. I have to give them a direction for the attack, which isn't always preferable, and most times I just want him to attack. I should add, I have the settings both for requiring engage and the extended commands checked.

Am I missing something? I looked at the command list, and don't see "default" in there.

Make sure you are broadcasting your SPI over DL. Wingmen go by numbers or Preset Callsigns (See Below).

The Sentance structure as listed in the manual:

1856080149_Desktop7-17-201912-40-04AM-828.png.e62e783687e2bd29b7cf2c690b7b95cb.png

563704316_Desktop7-17-201912-32-23AM-409.png.d50403921919648122b60a9cbce8621b.png

You don't have to give them a direction for the attack. That is an optional appendix.

So you could say "Two, Attack my target" and it will attack with whatever it has. or you could go really specific and say "Two, Attack my Target from the south with Mavericks". If you look at the Table in the manual there are a few alternative words for the same thing.

Hope this helps.

has anyone updated to the recent latest Voice Attack Version - any issues with VAICOM or AIRIO?

Found out that some commands are missing for AIRIO to tune the Jesters radio...

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

I searched the thread, but with 274 pages I can't read it all :-(

I purchased the VIACOM Pro bundle before AIRIO, I have to purchase AIRIO separately right? I don't get it from my previous bundle purchase?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

You don't have to give them a direction for the attack. That is an optional appendix.

So you could say "Two, Attack my target" and it will attack with whatever it has. or you could go really specific and say "Two, Attack my Target from the south with Mavericks". If you look at the Table in the manual there are a few alternative words for the same thing.

Hope this helps.

The problem is this doesn't work. I can get a wingman to attack my target no problem using the menus (and most times just default instead of a direction). But using VAICOMM they refuse. For starters, if I just say "Two, attack my target", they acknowledge, but simply fly off somewhere until I tell them to return. I'll try something more specific, like the weapon type, next time and see how that goes.

I have to tell them specifically to attack a certain target and from a certain direction for them to attack at all. ie: "Gopher <pause>, engage infantry from the south with bomb" and then I will see my message telling them to engage "at my SPI" which they acknowledge and attack.

Alright, I did some testing tonight. And learned some stuff. Maybe should've known, limitations with DCS, etc.

For starters, I found that declaring "Attack my target" w/o the TGP being in "POINT" mode causes a problem. Even if I make a SPI, and say "Engage my target", it doesn't matter. If the TGP is masked, then the wingman wouldn't attack. Not a problem with VAICOM.

Also, not a problem: Even though VAICOM allows me to "Engage my target, with bombs", you cannot tell a wingman to engage a single target with a desired weapon. Annoying, but that's on DCS it seems.

One thing that wasn't evident to me, is when calling for an attack, you can (need?) use the pauses. So: "Two" <pause> "Engage" <pause> "Tanks"-----and here I"m not sure. I couldn't find if you needed to pause again after the target call out, and then pause again for direction/weapon type? But it definitely recognized the pause after both the flight member ID and then Engage.

Hey guys

Some notes:

@Bazmack Stennis is contacted like a regular ATC. The new carrier comms are not yet implemented by ED.

@Schlapperklange For adding the the AIRIO commands press Export on the config tab.

@Uisce Thanks we'll run a check with MP to see if it's somehow reproducible.

@megger35 Disable the NS430 ind DCS config.

@Chams Enable plugin support.

@Uisce Instead of "Engage my target with bombs" try use e.g. "Engage ground target with bombs" or "Engage infantry with bombs".

Apply the pause between recipient and command e.g. "Three,... attack artillery with GBUs."

@DracoLlasa Yes AIRIO is a separate license.

Grtz

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Apologies if this has been asked before but i hope you'll forgive my attempt to not have to read 274 pages... I have just moved my DCS installation from one SSD drive to another (via Windows move). Voiceattack was and is still in the default c: drive. Although DCS runs perfectly, Vaicom/VA are behaving strangely/not working. It is recognising some speech from looking at the Vaicom plugin window, but in-game my PTT on my HOTAS just brings up/cancels the defauly in-game communications menu, even though I have nothing mapped in game for my HOTAS PTT key and all in-game menus turned off! Are these things coincidence or has something happened with the plugin since 2.5.5? Thanks in advance!

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

Apologies if this has been asked before but i hope you'll forgive my attempt to not have to read 274 pages... I have just moved my DCS installation from one SSD drive to another (via Windows move). Voiceattack was and is still in the default c: drive. Although DCS runs perfectly, Vaicom/VA are behaving strangely/not working. It is recognising some speech from looking at the Vaicom plugin window, but in-game my PTT on my HOTAS just brings up/cancels the defauly in-game communications menu, even though I have nothing mapped in game for my HOTAS PTT key and all in-game menus turned off! Are these things coincidence or has something happened with the plugin since 2.5.5? Thanks in advance!

For the benefit of anyone else, I think I solved the immediate issue by discovering the "DCS Custom Path" setting in the Vaicom Config.

The above being said, it seems to hardly recognise any commands any more, after many many wasted hours previous of windows voice training and Keywords Training mode in Vaicom config. It is just too flakey and misinterprets most of what I say, and I am a native unaccented English speaker. I feel I have possibly expended too much effort on this. Frustrating though it is seeing everyone else's installation working perfectly. It's even more damned frustrating because I use VR and can't even use the keyboard.

Voiceattack Plugin

For the benefit of anyone else, I think I solved the immediate issue by discovering the "DCS Custom Path" setting in the Vaicom Config.

The above being said, it seems to hardly recognise any commands any more, after many many wasted hours previous of windows voice training and Keywords Training mode in Vaicom config. It is just too flakey and misinterprets most of what I say, and I am a native unaccented English speaker. I feel I have possibly expended too much effort on this. Frustrating though it is seeing everyone else's installation working perfectly. It's even more damned frustrating because I use VR and can't even use the keyboard.

I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and I discovered that VAICOM was basically unusable, not recognizing most of my commands. I realized that my mic's settings had been messed up with the Windows update. I recalibrated it, tested it etc and now VAICOM works fine again.

Consider starting with your mic, make sure you you're recorded clearly.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Not directly concerned with the above but I moved over to a new computer & searched for speech folders in AppData on the old machine.

Copied them all across to the new install & I didn't need to go through all the pain of speech training again

@FreightDog Unless you re-installed Windows nothing has happened to your speech training data.

Make sure the selected Speech Recognition Engine (US/UK) is the same one you trained.

Most likely you need to re-evaluate your mic levels and audio driver / routing settings.

I’m not so sure Hollywood. I haven’t touched any mic settings, I went through speech training in the Viacom config and it seems to be working now. Somehow it looks like it was looking somewhere else for the old library but having redone it it must have put it in the correct place?

Voiceattack Plugin

Hi there, I have a few questions regarding VAICOM - more specifically with the AIRIO module.

1) I noticed that there are a few Jester confirmation sounds that are played through the VAICOM plugin rather than the game (I guess this is due to limitations with the scripts). The problem with this is the audio volume is always really loud as doesn't match the in-game audio volume AND the F14 radio volume settings.

Is this something that will be addressed in a future update? If not can I somehow disable the 'external' jester sounds, they are ironically a little immersion breaking.

2) 90% of the expansion works flawlessly, but the specific tuning commands 'Link Tune', 'Radio Tune' etc are really struggling. Is there a way of training those specific commands. Currently its getting the numbers all wrong, zero is coming through as 7 or 2 etc.

3) I have noticed that when playing in multiplayer with a human RIO you can still say commands to Jester and he will still react to them. Is there a way I can prevent this happening without having to restart DCS every time?

VAICOM is a fantastic product, so thank you for all your hard work!

Edited by akalegman

Hi, complete beginner here....I purchased the pro bundle from the website. Got a confirmation email, but no licence key info....where does this come to?

thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, complete beginner here....I purchased the pro bundle from the website. Got a confirmation email, but no licence key info....where does this come to?

thanks

It should come to the same e-mail address.

Mine was titled Order <order no> and the e-mail started

Thanks for ordering from us. This email confirms your order of the following items:

The licence codes were about halfway down

If you haven't received it use the Contact Support option on the vaicompro website

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

My biggest issue is i cant get the PTT thing to work no matter what i do

Are you using anything else such as SRS?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Uisce Thanks we'll run a check with MP to see if it's somehow reproducible.

I think or though I am not sure, I found the source of the issue. I deleted the scripts folder and ran DCS with only the stock rose-wheel. It may be the new ground stabilize option that is bumping "Radar standby/active" out of its normal place. I noticed that when I commanded Jester to go standby (A, A, L-Ctrl+2, L-Ctrl+7) that returning to that same submenu the option to go back to active was in a different spot (A, A, L-Ctrl+2, L-Ctrl+6). This, I think is causing any subsequent commands to be transposed. Although, I understand you are using an API to interface? so this shouldn't be a factor... or would it? Of course, I have no idea what the man behind the curtain looks like so to speak.

@Uisce Instead of "Engage my target with bombs" try use e.g. "Engage ground target with bombs" or "Engage infantry with bombs".

Apply the pause between recipient and command e.g. "Three,... attack artillery with GBUs."

Whoops! yes, you are correct, of course :smilewink:. I was going off memory.

Slainte

I've run into an issue where I have to press my transit button a second time for my commands to be executed. IE: "Nellis<pause>, request startup". I get all the beeps that it's recognized, but I then have to toggle the radio again for it to show up. It's this way for all commands. It also does it on the Caucus map, and in multiplayer as well.

Some info: this started happening in the A10C(only module I fly) with the Open Beta(I know the open beta was updated recently). I did also just transfer my beta to a SSD around the same time this happened. I made sure to change the path to the new folder in the VAICOM settings however.

Any ideas? I did a search and found a few references in this thread of this happening before, and it seemed to be a bug with either the beta version or the module. So not sure if this is that same problem coming back or ?

i need help to redirect output to headset

Good afternoon

I can not redirect the output of the communications and messages to my headset and therefore I can not use that feature of Vaicom. Could someone explain me step by step to get to direct the communications to my head set and the rest of the sound to the speakers of the computer? .thanks in advance

Good afternoon

I can not redirect the output of the communications and messages to my headset and therefore I can not use that feature of Vaicom. Could someone explain me step by step to get to direct the communications to my head set and the rest of the sound to the speakers of the computer? .thanks in advance

Please do not refer to manual ,i know that it said about my question.Thank again