F-16 Mini-Updates?

Donut

This is more a question for Wags...

Will you be providing weekly F-16 Mini-Updates like you did for the Hornet?

Looking back, it looks like the Hornet Mini-Updates started about 7 months prior to release. We are about 4-5 months away from F-16 release.

Thanks!

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Not Wags....

I'm willing to bet that he will; I do not think they will be anytime soon as the focus is still primarily on the Hornet. I would anticipate introductory ones to start popping up a fews weeks before EA begins.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Not Wags....

I'm willing to bet that he will; I do not think they will be anytime soon as the focus is still primarily on the Hornet. I would anticipate introductory ones to start popping up a fews weeks before EA begins.

A few weeks before!?!? The weekly Hornet updates started 7 months out. Now that the Hornet updates are monthly, hopefullly that allows Wags to focus on the F-16.

HUA sir!

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

A few weeks before!?!? The weekly Hornet updates started 7 months out. Now that the Hornet updates are monthly, hopefullly that allows Wags to focus on the F-16.

It's just my opinion brother; ED nor Wags calls me up and asks me for permission to post stuff nor do they ask me when they should schedule anything. Don't get me wrong, I wish I was that important.... ;)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Balance and Choices

Voicing my own preference for the jet(s).

I would pay $150 per for a completed Jet with selectable era weapons systems.

Rather than pay much less for a WIP, EA, or limited capability platform.

I'm saying that as an option, I would take it if multiple levels of an aircraft were available.

Certainly has implications beyond my preference statement, game balance, etc.

I believe the platforms we have (well not all of them) are worth more than what we seem to pay.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Balance and Choices

Rather than pay much less for a WIP, EA, or limited capability platform.I'm saying that as an option, I would take it if multiple levels of an aircraft were available.

I believe the platforms we have (well not all of them) are worth more than what we seem to pay.

Yeah It would be cool but

A) that would take mean to develop 3 to 20ish Version of the plane for about double than one Module cost at the time.

B) It would take longer than what we get now.

C) If you don't like EA and WIP Product just dont buy them and wait till release.

Just my opinion.:music_whistling:

Not at all that I mind the EA WIP process.

If there were stages of capability rather than completeness, the total cost of an aircraft would be higher (added revenue), yet users could choose their level of investment. Pay to play but less exclusive than it might otherwise be. Functionality at levels rather than as we've had with the Hornet.

You want the whole thing - here's your price. Less, here's what you can get.

Partly too I think these aircraft, systems, and (most but not all) flight models are worth more than we generally pay. Yup - I think it's a bargain.

To get more functionality in ATC, Comms, fixed issues, you name it, I'd pay more via the models and capabilities to fund it. I suspect they aren't fixed today because it's a balance of new/funding to old/maintenance. Guess what wins? Because what's broken today isn't getting fixed quickly, and if it's money stopping the progress, then here - take my money. Now let's move forward.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Q: F-16 Mini-updates?

Wags: Of course! :)

I'm happy.

What are we still doing here in this thread? ;)

FA-18C mini-updates is my favourite thread so far. Looking forward to the great time till viper release and beyond with mini updates.

Thanks a lot Wags! :thumbup:

Q: F-16 Mini-updates?

Wags: Of course! :)

I'm happy.

What are we still doing here in this thread? ;)

FA-18C mini-updates is my favourite thread so far. Looking forward to the great time till viper release and beyond with mini updates.

Thanks a lot Wags! :thumbup:

Ha! Well, we are still here in this thread because we eagerly await the day that the "Viper Mini-Updates" post get a sticky on the forum. :pilotfly:

It's just my opinion brother; ED nor Wags calls me up and asks me for permission to post stuff nor do they ask me when they should schedule anything. Don't get me wrong, I wish I was that important.... ;)

Huh! No chance. Wags and the entire ED team are a bunch of tightrope walking, minefield navigating $deities. Wags, in particular, is a much, much more patient and flexible person than I have ever been, and I stand in awe of what he has and his team can accomplish. I sleep much better flying this game and letting better people than I worry about release dates and the rest of it. I'll stick to running IT in a software company on this side of the pond...

Speaking of difficulties, going to need a new 3 year multi-entry Russian visa soon. Rah! Starting in, what, 2021 I need a Euro visa, too. Rah-er!

• 2 weeks later...
Balance and Choices

Voicing my own preference for the jet(s).

Rather than pay much less for a WIP, EA, or limited capability platform.

I'm saying that as an option, I would take it if multiple levels of an aircraft were available.

You can pay far less than 150.00 for a completed jet.

Just wait until your aircraft of choice is " complete" and buy it.

Personally I prefer how ED is currently doing things...give me something to start with... add content a little at a time...

Makes it far easier to learn and understand than trying to comprehend an entire module at once.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Personally I prefer how ED is currently doing things...give me something to start with... add content a little at a time...

Makes it far easier to learn and understand than trying to comprehend an entire module at once.

+1

The Mini-Updates are great for this too. I enjoy how they let us preview and learn new systems and features as they are developed.

Hopefully we see the F-16 Mini-Updates start up soon!

The EA option is for me a great thing. I cannot learn every weapon system on the hornet at once. One step after another. But if like with the Hawk, all of a sudden it stops, you get a half way finished aircraft, with bugs that you will never see it finished.

Looking forward for getting the F-16 ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

The in-game sounds are amazing. Can't wait to hear a startup.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I like the early access model a lot also it lets us learn the plane a little bit at a time. The initial release Viper looks like it will be very capable, probably similar in capability to the M2K.

That said something that would personally improve the experience for myself and my squadron a lot is if ED introduced fewer bugs during the process. We have observed that updates do seem to regularly break previously working features, which can make it challenging to run a squadron at times. Our last mission was a total bust due to the various bugs that have crept into the Hornet over the last few updates.

Now obviously a certain amount of of this is to be expected, early access involves changes. However, as a professional in the software industry I know that it is possible to both innovate rapidly and also ensure quality and prevent regressions using techniques such as automated testing. With the obvious talent and experience ED has at its disposal I have no doubt they can rise to meet this challenge with the early access program for the Viper.

Edited by Tomsk

Might not be a popular suggestion, but given the constant “noise floor” on the Hornet, perhaps it would be better to do “How To...” videos AFTER a feature is live in the Viper instead of “Here’s how “X” should work if it makes it into the next update (and the ensuing pitchforks when “X” doesn’t go live...)

I mean, even Chuck doesn’t produce his excellent guides based on “If”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com