How to get MS FF2 to work?

have been running my TH warthog for awhile but always liked the MS FF2 sticks ability to add some realism from ff effects. Unplugged the warthog and plugged back in the ff2. All seems to work fine in windows and even recalibrated it in an effort to get it to work in DCS. The FF box is checked, the stick is mapped properly to the axis’ (including allowing me to adjust rumble and force) but no centering or ff effects at all in the game (flying the f86 which was supposed to work with ff. Any suggestions? Old threads reference removing drivers and such but since they are 4 years old, would rather get some up to date guidance.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

Gigabyte gaming 3 motherboard

32gb 3000hz ddr4

EVGA 2080ti black w/ hydrocopper water cooling

360mm custom water cooled loop for CPU and Vid card

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

TM warthog stick & throttle

MS ff2 stick

Swap axis box checked?

No- what does that do? I have stick movement in the proper direction (down, up, left, right) just no centering force or ff effects. Read to plug n after dcs launched and after doing that now I get centering force but zero ff effects.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

32gb 3000hz ddr4

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

MS ff2 stick

Power cables and usb all correctly plugged in. Decided to try the p-51. Same issue- zero ff effects just stick centering.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

32gb 3000hz ddr4

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

MS ff2 stick

Power cables and usb all correctly plugged in. Decided to try the p-51. Same issue- zero ff effects just stick centering.

I've just tried to verify, and P-51D has all the usual warbird force feedback effects :

Stick is dead at 0Mph on runway, put it back and apply some throttle while braking, and aero forces on elevators will raise the stick to center. (This effect doesn't work if you don't tick "swap axis")

Increasing speed increases centering forces, reducing speed to stall decreases forces and at stall the sticks shakes a lot.

Swap axis option is mandatory with MsFFB2, it makes trim to work correctly (f.e. left trim input lower left wing correctly, instead of inverted input) and seems to allow some FFB effects to work correctly too.

Try it after making sure “swap axis” box is checked in enable FFB control menu

Swap axis only swaps the force feedback axes, his problem is that he's getting no FFB.

Earlier you said that you were getting no center or FFB effects, but now you said that you're getting centering effect but no FFB. To confirm, is your stick centering properly, or does it just flop around with no resistance at all?

Also, try the ForceTest app at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fs-force.com/support.php

If the stick doesn't respond to the FFB commands sent by that app, then the problem is with the stick. If it does, then the problem is somewhere within DCS.

If I leave stick plugged in before starting game it flops around without any centering while flying in the game. If I plug in after game has started, stick will come to center when hand is on (per design) but zero ff effects. Behaves identical in p51 as well as f86- havent tried it in other modules. Stick shows in options, properly mapped in control set up, ff checked in menu, tried the swap axis and no effect. Works fine when.

i tried it in IL-2 sturmovik to verify the same day. I'm stumped.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

32gb 3000hz ddr4

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

MS ff2 stick

Is the green light solid?

Yes. Green light gets brighter when you place your hand in position and centering effects begins working.

I7-6700k @ 4.5ghz

32gb 3000hz ddr4

500mb nvme ssd

256mb sata ssd

2gb hdd

Samsung Odyessy +

MS ff2 stick

What kind of FFB effects are you expecting? I find the quality of the FFB implementation really varies with modules. If you have the F14 or Viggen try those. They both shake the stick pretty violently at high AoA, so that's a sure way to test. The effects in other modules can be a lot more subtle.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV