Kirbs454

Hey all,

Anyone else having issues dropping GBU10s, 12s and 16s? My jet setup is below

A/G and ARM set.

Stores page setup;

Mode: Auto

MFUZ: off

EFUZ: Inst

Code: matches TGP(have tried multiple different)

TGP setup

FLIR: On

LTD/R: Armed

TRIG: boxed

LTDC: set (matches LGB's)

Have tried point and area track

Pickle weapons and hold trigger to fire laser. The LGB's just fly as a dumb bombs and wont track onto the laser.

Have used GPS bombs and Laser Mavericks without any issues.

Have watched Wags' video's a few times and matched his set up as well, with no luck.

Any info would be great.

Cheers,

Kirbs

Edited by Kirbs454

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the TGP steps, are you also using TDC Depress to set the target for AUTO release? And when you fire the laser, do you see LTD/R on the TGP?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I don't know man, I was dropping GBU-12s all evening on the PG map last night. Some people have reported issues with AUTO bombing. Try switching to CCIP and release about 10 seconds before the AUTO release cue and see if it helps.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I am finding it's working fine in SP, but the same steps in MP ( specifically Hoggit training server right now ) I'm also not getting GBU-12s locking onto the laser. I know the laser is working, Maverick-E track just fine.

Maybe it's something to do with Hoggit servers...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I am also experiencing your exact issue. I have had success with laser mavs and GBU's, but zero success with LGB. I have followed all the steps to the tee and the bombs are falling waaay past target and are detonating fine. Nevada map. I will try another map and see what happens.

• ED Team
I am also experiencing your exact issue. I have had success with laser mavs and GBU's, but zero success with LGB. I have followed all the steps to the tee and the bombs are falling waaay past target and are detonating fine. Nevada map. I will try another map and see what happens.

Hi

we currently have a bug reported for laser guided bombs dropped from high altitude overshooting due to not catching the laser.

For now drop from medium altitude and you should be ok.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

we currently have a bug reported for laser guided bombs dropped from high altitude overshooting due to not catching the laser.

What do you recommend as the highest altitude for release?

Also try it in a slight dive as the laser basket is pointed more at the target. (5 deg).

I've had mostly decent luck provided I didn't screw something up from around 5-15k ft in a slight dive.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just for more info, on PG map, I’m nailing targets anywhere from 15k - 25k with all gbu variants.

I did have a hard time till I figured out the TDC depress to set the target point. Since I figured this out none of mine have missed. I also set point track because it seems to limit the pod walking off the target even if the target is stationary. I don’t know if it makes a difference but part of my setup before takeoff I always change to precision and change the coordinates to the other setting as well, can’t remember what that’s called. This might make absolutely no difference but I’m having great success with the lgb’s.

I’m not sure what the conditions are but there were a couple times I had to enter the laser code for each bomb. I’m sure it’s something I was doing. Could that be the issue? Once the target is designated If the bomb is properly set up the dud que will go away and allow a release

Hi

If I may, its not just high altitude. It's any altitude using AUTO. The AUTO geometry for release is somehow not correct for some. Like someone else suggested, if you release about 20 on the counter at high altitude in CCIP (15 medium, 10 low), pickle, then lase. Works like a charm.

This was on Caucasus map, any starting position.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Same issue here; made four textbook runs, target designated, point track, laser firing and the bombs just go free range. Bombing from 24K ft. Also enjoying the finger cramps holding in the trigger button (2nd stage) on the TM Warthog stick to fire the laser, and looking forward to auto lase functionality with a timer. And I want Wag's PC; things always work perfectly when he does it.

Same issue here; made four textbook runs, target designated, point track, laser firing and the bombs just go free range. Bombing from 24K ft. Also enjoying the finger cramps holding in the trigger button (2nd stage) on the TM Warthog stick to fire the laser, and looking forward to auto lase functionality with a timer. And I want Wag's PC; things always work perfectly when he does it.

Did you make sure the code was input for each individual bomb? I had two times that for whatever reason, the first bomb took the code. I released the next one and it went wild. Checked the stores page and the rest of the bombs had 1111 for the code. I entered 1688 and had to step to the rest of the pylons to enter it. I’m not sure what makes all stations accept the code sometimes while other times you have to step through each one. I forgot one more time and now it’s stuck in my head.

No matter how hard i tried, my GBU-12's just wouldn't release. 100% sure i did everything right. Then i tried GBU-10 and had no problems. What the hell seriously?

Ive had that happen to me as well and I found out it was due to a bug that set the MULT to -155

I set it back to 1 and bomb away!

Also enjoying the finger cramps holding in the trigger button (2nd stage) on the TM Warthog stick to fire the laser

Im hearing you, I feel it crunch as adjust my grip slightly to add a bit of trim after a bomb drop and the microswitch pops up and the laser turns off, cringing thinking about the crap chinese microswitch about to snap in half. :joystick:

• ED Team
Bind it to trigger two??

He means use a toggle on / off switch for trigger to use with laser

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2