Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with?

GTFreeFlyer

Please read the first post. There are no public links to the server. Please send a PM if interested. Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
A Sim Racing Bud mentioned you and I am interested in joining. Supercarrier has me real excited.

PM inbound. :thumbup:

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

HI all,

I am just one of those time poor DCS dads and really want to do some MP stuff in a relaxed environmet.

Still learning the AV-8B at the moment but should be moving on to F-18 and F-16 soon as well as dusting off my F-5E!

Anyways, I'm UK based and would enjoy the opportunity to fly with a relaxed group if possible.

Thanks,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
I think what draws people in is the fact that many just want to come in and fly a bit, maybe partake in some casual missions and build up their confidence in the platform without having to worry about "holding anyone back."

I ran a very similar type of server a few years back called "The Firehouse" and the same rules applied. Come in, have fun, don't be a dick. Life comes first. It did just fine for the 3 or so years I hosted it until I burned out in the Mission Editor. I'm glad to see that the concept still exists and is building steam. It appeals to me and obviously several others.

Often it's the opportunity to fly together in a multiplayer environment moreso than achieving the mission objectives that sustains interest in the concept for a group like this. I can't remember ever being frustrated by someone bailing at a critical moment in a mission... you just adjusted your strategy and carried on.

Not everyone is going to "merge" and get along and seek opportunities to join into larger groups to take on missions... looks like you just find pockets of other folks in a common discord who have similar interest and set up your own thing for the short term and repeat as necessary. This makes that connection between like-minded people possible.

Not sure why you would come in, dump on the idea and then "wish it luck." It isn't a squad, and doesn't appear to have any ambition to be- In fact if it was I wouldn't be interested.

This thread is more like a shout out to anyone who doesn't want to be in a squad- for all the reasons you've actually alluded to in your post- but still like the idea of flying in multiplayer.

Well said!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, Minhal said:

Sent a PM to GTfreeFlyer a few days ago and just realized he last logged into the forums in September. Hope he's fine! Anyone can tell if the group is still going?

Yup, he’s fine, still chat now and again in the discord. But as the name implies, guys are busy dads and the group has lost steam. Still made some great friends on there back when it was more active.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2