Playing sounds from certain trigger zones

PhoenixTunes

Hey guys...

I'm trying to set up a mission where the sound of an air raid siren is played if a unit of the opposite coalition enters a trigger zone based on an airfield. So far, i've got it set up on a switched condition that detects when an enemy unit has entered the trigger zone, and will start a radio transmission of the sound. Ideally, i'd like the sound to only be heard on the airfield as if it was an air raid siren, and only to the blue coalition! :huh:

Any help is appreciated! :pilotfly:

What you are asking for here is to have sound broadcast from a specific location, like it would for a tank engine or an explosion at a location.

I would KILL for that feature as well, but it is not supported by the scripting engine. What we would need is a function called "PLAY SOUND ON UNIT"

PLAY SOUND ON UNIT

UNIT:

SOUND FILE:

or

"PLAY SOUND AT LOCATION"

GPS coordinate: (in whatever format the developers want)

SOUND FILE:

I would sell my sister for more world functionalities like that. Beside that, you will notice quickly that it is not possible to play 2 sounds one over each other. If sound 1 is triggered (like a siren) and you call a second sound, then the first one is automatically stopped. This kills any dynamic triggers with sound that you are trying to achieve.

• Like 1

You can set the radio transmission to radiate from a zone you have defined, along with the radiated power. try that

This will not be heard from the external view. In the OP example, he is talking about an air siren. Even though your broadcast a radio transmission at a certain location, you will not hear it from the external view at this location. You will only hear it from the radio itself within the aircraft.

• Like 1