DCS: F-14 Early Access Feature List

Cobra847

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quoting myself in the hope to be answered :music_whistling:

I'm wondering if VR will work similarly to the way TrackIR is used, in regards to the Jester menu. Can you still just look at the specific part of the menu, and press the select key?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has the TIT already been replaced with the EGT indication? In all videos I've seen so far from content creators I've only seen the TIT indication of the F-14A.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Has the TIT already been replaced with the EGT indication? In all videos I've seen so far from content creators I've only seen the TIT indication of the F-14A.

There are a few art details left that will be added or adjusted in EA and the EIG panel is one them. The list also includes the ALQ-126 fuselage blisters and the ACLS blade antennae in the TCS body.

-Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Tomcat release has been nearly a half year ago.

Its an outstanding module which is outstanding done by you guys. Congratulations.

Although it has a quite high completion grade, a lot of functions are still missing.

Since release of the early access version, there was mainly done bug fixing. Also there was none progress on the Viggen.

According to the first posting in this thread, personal I'm looking forward and can hardly await nearly every single one of that missing features.

So can you give us some hints of what to expect in the near future? Or what the actual plans are?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

+1

it's about time we get a clear roadmap of what's ahead. It's now been 5 months since release.

Especially this feature: "In-Cockpit Pilot: We know this is a frustrating feature to be missing for those of you in VR, so this is a top priority and you will not be waiting long (that goes for you Viggenites too, we know!)." was advertised as to be coming very soon. The Viggen that was supposed to be out of EA in 2018 is still not completed as of August 2019...

As far as I understand, the priorities of HB have shifted to getting rid of more bugs first. The Forrestal is still their 1st step after from what I have been told. Fingers crossed everything is still running through as planned.

As far as I understand, the priorities of HB have shifted to getting rid of more bugs first. The Forrestal is still their 1st step after from what I have been told. Fingers crossed everything is still running through as planned.

Yeah, seems like:

With the recent shifts in DCS our priorities had to shift a bit, too, unfortunately, but that does not mean we are neglecting these assetts, only that bug fixing got top priority for the time being. Development stands a bit like on a moving surface, if you like, hence priorities need to be constantly adjusted. That does not mean that we are not working on the new assetts though, only that, as always with development news, we want to wait until it is in a more complete state.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

(...) only that bug fixing got top priority for the time being (...)

I am patiently waiting for the DCS F-14B release, so the shift in focus to bug solving is the best news since the Early Access general availability for me.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...
Tomcat release has been nearly a half year ago.

Its an outstanding module which is outstanding done by you guys. Congratulations.

Although it has a quite high completion grade, a lot of functions are still missing.

Since release of the early access version, there was mainly done bug fixing. Also there was none progress on the Viggen.

According to the first posting in this thread, personal I'm looking forward and can hardly await nearly every single one of that missing features.

So can you give us some hints of what to expect in the near future? Or what the actual plans are?

So after waiting nearly a month for an answer, is there anymore answer to expect?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Nopes - :D

jk, Viper, my bad, I didn't look at this thread for ages.

Short answer: stuff just takes time, we're not doubling back on anything. But we want to get some of the more important stuff done first:

Bug fixing - TWS Auto - Jester Lantirn - FM completion - new assetts, Forrestal and A version, then all the rest of the smaller stuff + new AI. kinda like that-ish, we sometimes have to adjust.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Nopes - :D

jk, Viper, my bad, I didn't look at this thread for ages.

Short answer: stuff just takes time, we're not doubling back on anything. But we want to get some of the more important stuff done first:

Bug fixing - TWS Auto - Jester Lantirn - FM completion - new assetts, Forrestal and A version, then all the rest of the smaller stuff + new AI. kinda like that-ish, we sometimes have to adjust.

Thanks, ironmike:thumbup:

then all the rest of the smaller stuff + new AI

Is it where you'd put the pilot body? What is that new AI - do you mean the AI controlled F-14B aircraft in DCS? First one to get some more advanced FM?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria