Question about TM F18 Controller and native integration

apoll

Sorry for a noob question, but I have the new TM F18 controller on a warthog base. I see it has native integration with the DCS F18 module which I also have. My question is this: does that mean, after I've set up the axes, that the right switch controls will automatically be mapped to the stick according to F18 Sim in the settings? Like what happened with the a10c native mapping to the warthog: the correct button strokes were automatically loaded to the Warthog. Is this the same for the F18 stick when I'm using the F18 module? Or do I have individually map each function to the right button on the stick?

Grateful advice and if it IS natively and automatically integrated to the F18 sticks, do I have to do anything other than select F18 Sim in the controller options?

Just a bit confused.

Thank you.

apoll

You can verify the bindings of the stick by opening DCS and navigating to the controls for the F/A-18C. Then, when you make an input with your joystick, DCS will highlight the command which it's bound to.

I **believe** there is already default profile for this combination (TMWH Base + FA18 Grip + DCS: F/A-18C Lot 20).... but even if there isn't, it won't take you more than 5 whole minutes to verify the proper bindings, a make any corrections if they're needed.

Learning how to manage control assignments in DCS is incredibly easy, the software is probably the best out there for this, and your experience will substantially improve if you learn how to create and modify profiles on your own.

...enjoy!