F-18C Throttle Not Responding to Throttle Control

Hi Chaps

Very frustrated here...

I have allocated the Twin Throttles of my Virpil Mongoose T-50 to the "Axis Commands" / "Thrust Left" and "Thrust Right" and when I move the throttles the white lines in the "Adjust Controls" window move correctly. I have selected the "Axis Tune" and the Large and small dots move perfectly in response to control inputs.

However, the throttles in the cockpit remain very fixed at Stop.

I have tried allocating the Joystick axis to the throttles to prove it is not the Throttle Hardware by there is still no response to the joystick. Yes, the joystick causes the stick to move in the cockpit.

I have electrical power on the aircraft. I have tried with the APU running, I have tried with the Finger Lifts up.

As I say, it is weird as the "Adjust Controls" appears to work perfectly...

Any Ideas, Please????

Thanks

Edit: Throttles in aircraft are not reacting to the keyboard commands either. Everything else seem to!!!

Edited by Gosling
New info

Do you need to bind the off/idle function in DCS controls menu ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 month later...
Hi Chaps

Very frustrated here...

I have allocated the Twin Throttles of my Virpil Mongoose T-50 to the "Axis Commands" / "Thrust Left" and "Thrust Right" and when I move the throttles the white lines in the "Adjust Controls" window move correctly. I have selected the "Axis Tune" and the Large and small dots move perfectly in response to control inputs.

However, the throttles in the cockpit remain very fixed at Stop.

I have tried allocating the Joystick axis to the throttles to prove it is not the Throttle Hardware by there is still no response to the joystick. Yes, the joystick causes the stick to move in the cockpit.

I have electrical power on the aircraft. I have tried with the APU running, I have tried with the Finger Lifts up.

As I say, it is weird as the "Adjust Controls" appears to work perfectly...

Any Ideas, Please????

Thanks

Edit: Throttles in aircraft are not reacting to the keyboard commands either. Everything else seem to!!!

I am new...really new....with this. I am having the exact same problem. Just trying to fly the Hornet in Free Flight I have no thrust from throttles at all. Everything is set and working thru VPS software and other buttons and stick axis are working. As you had, the throttle shows it's perfectly adjusted in VPS software and when I go to Axis Adjust in DCS. Using RX and RY bound for throttle axis. It read the throttle movements when I bound them.

Tried binding "Throttle Off/Idle" to 2 buttons in Throttle Quadrant (not sure what that is)but that didn't change anything.

I know it's me. Something I'm not understanding yet.

Anyone willing to help a newbie?.....thx

I have a Warthog throttle, and when I move back through the IDLE/OFF detent it shows two switches (one for each thrust lever) changing to 'down'.

If your throttles do not have IDLE/OFF switches built in perhaps you can use some other hotas or keyboard switches as a work-around.

...Tried binding "Throttle Off/Idle" to 2 buttons in Throttle Quadrant (not sure what that is)but that didn't change anything.

The "Throttle (Left) OFF/IDLE" and its "Right" counterpart are for use with the switches built into the TM Warthog throttle levers. The contacts in these switches are closed in the OFF position and open in the IDLE (or higher) position. If you are using spring-loaded pushbuttons you should use the commands "Throttle (Left) IDLE" and "Throttle (Right) IDLE" in the cold start process.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The "Throttle (Left) OFF/IDLE" and its "Right" counterpart are for use with the switches built into the TM Warthog throttle levers. The contacts in these switches are closed in the OFF position and open in the IDLE (or higher) position. If you are using spring-loaded pushbuttons you should use the commands "Throttle (Left) IDLE" and "Throttle (Right) IDLE" in the cold start process.

Thank you....I have Virpil gear....but once I get a chance today I'll experiment a bit more with this. Like I said...I'm really new at this. Feel like I've jumped into the deep end of the pool to learn how to swim.