Warthog's pitch and roll axes freeze up

Occasionally both axes freeze up. Everything else is working fine during that time. I have to smack the stick to the right to unfreeze it. I don't see any issues when testing the stick response in controls setup in DCS. No problems outside of the sim either.

Has anyone seen this issue since the last update or the previous one?

Occasionally both axes freeze up. Everything else is working fine during that time. I have to smack the stick to the right to unfreeze it. I don't see any issues when testing the stick response in controls setup in DCS. No problems outside of the sim either.

have you verified that no other game controllers are bound to pitch and roll? If you have just started with the Hornet that's likely to happen due to default assignments.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

have you verified that no other game controllers are bound to pitch and roll? If you have just started with the Hornet that's likely to happen due to default assignments.

I'll check it again but it doesn't look like anything is interfering with the stick, it just stops communicating with the sim until I move the stick all the way to the right, then everything works perfect again. I did upgrade the WH's firmware around the time the latest OB update came out so I'm also looking in that direction.

Thanks,

First things first: Does it do it with any other module?

If not, probably a controller conflict. Delete any other axis assignments for pitch & roll on both the WH and any other controllers you may have plugged in.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Yep, seems like deleting and recreating joy_x and joy_y axes did it. Thanks

Cool, glad it worked for ya :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 4 weeks later...

:joystick:

This issue showed up again after screwing around with graphics to eliminate microstutter. I stubbornly keep my PD in Rift set to 2.0... there's just no going back 1.5 so, after an hour of playing around with visibility settings and others (made no difference) the only way I could make it better is by turning off Intel's Turbo boost. It made a difference but the smoothness is not as good as few updates before. Back to the TM Warthog...

At some point during the graphics setup tests my Warthog started acting up. There was absolutely no problem with firmware, drivers or any other external factors. No multi assignments. I also disabled the LAN to eliminate other possible causes of stutter or polling.

The stick would just freeze up randomly and the only way to un-freeze it was to smack the stick hard right to the stop. Before rebuilding the input config in setup or repair I put every graphics setting back on Max, PD to 2.0. Wiped out FXO and Meta2 and tried it again. I even pressed FCS reset before T/O (which is not necessary when starting on runway) and no problems with the stick anymore... I'll take it. I would be nice to comprehend what the hell was causing all this:doh: