Hornet doesn't have proper controls..???

Pitufo

I'm having a speed brake issue where it flat out will not deploy, regardless of where it's mapped. I have the Warthog Hotas and have it mapped to the Chuck's Guide template. But whether the plane is on the ground in "ready on the ramp" status or in-flight, the mapped controls flat out will not deploy the speed brake. I've tried unmapping and remapping, tried mapping to different switches on the throttle. No matter where I map to it doesn't deploy. I'm at a loss at this point.

You might not have un-checked Game Mode in Options/System?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
I don't see a Game Mode in the Options/System menu. But I see a Game Flight Mode in the Options/Gameplay menu and that is un-checked.

check MISC tab also for game avionics

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

check MISC tab also for game avionics

Where? I don't see it!

Options_Misc.thumb.jpg.fbf2aead5b4fb86559e06388e6e5c4fb.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...
Hey will these work with other aircraft? Or what would I need to change? Thanks LeCuvier!

Generally not. I had to make these additions for practically every aircraft I own. There are a few exceptions but I cannot remember which.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

• 2 weeks later...

HEY LECUVIER!

OK, so how about a 3 position mapping for the F-16 Autopilot switches? BTW, the Hornet speedbrake line works in the F-16 as well. How about a Gear UP and Gear Down for the KA-50?... I thought I saw a project somewhere for toggle switches for the shark... Anyways thanks. And also a speedbrake for the A-10? Like on and off? for the stupid X-56 button #33? Thx.

Lots of wishes! Here is the 3-position switch binding for the F-16 Autopilot (Pitch) png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAPIAAAATCAYAAACqcFCDAAAAXElEQVR4nO3TQQ3AQAzAsPInV0i39yA0sqVAyOzuk3S72d03Mw+4aWaMDNcZGQKMDAFGhgAjQ4CRIcDIEGBkCDAyBBgZAowMAUaGACNDgJEhwMgQYGQI+I0s6W4fwWvMDx9mBXkAAAAASUVORK5CYII=wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch ALT HOLD/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch ATT HOLD/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

The Autopilot Roll 3-position switch is in the stock file. I'll be back for more.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

HEY LECUVIER!

... How about a Gear UP and Gear Down for the KA-50?... And also a speedbrake for the A-10? Like on and off? for the stupid X-56 button #33? Thx.

1. Regarding the Gear Up and Down for the KA-50: would that be for a single maintained 2-position ON/OFF switch, or for a pair of pushbuttons?

2. speedbrake for A-10C II: not sure what you mean (not familiar with the X-56). A single button that toggles between Extend and Retract? I have no way of making that. Or a maintained 2-position ON/OFF switch?

Note: I have created a fair number of bindings for 2-position ON/OFF switches for the Ka-50, in case you are interested.

LeCuvier

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! As far as the Ka-50 goes, yes, it work work for either of those, but now I'm thinking DCS doesn't have that option... Only one key for gear up/down... And as for the A-10C II, your other bindings work perfect for the Hornet and Viper... The X-56 has a stupid thumb slider on it that works as an ON switch.. button 33... so adding a logic to dcs for ON unless OFF works great for the hornet and viper speedbrakes, even though I've learned that is not realistic.

...As far as the Ka-50 goes, yes, it work work for either of those, but now I'm thinking DCS doesn't have that option... Only one key for gear up/down...

KA-50 Gear Lever: Here are 2 lines of code for separate UP and DOWN commands:

{down = 3001, value_down = 1.0,cockpit_device_id = 34, name = _('Gear Lever DOWN'), category = _('Ins Forward panel and gauges')},
{down = 3001, value_down = -1.0,cockpit_device_id = 34, name = _('Gear Lever UP'), category = _('Ins Forward panel and gauges')},

And this line of code provides the binding for a single maintained ON/OFF switch:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = 34, name = _('Gear Lever 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = _('Ins Forward panel and gauges')},

These lines of code actually use the lever in the clickable cockpit. Any more wishes?

PS: this post really belongs in a KA-50 thread. I beg for forgiveness!

LeCuvier