Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Not sure what's going on, but now it will not save the kneeboard placement on my system. I removed the profile and re-added it from scratch, but it doesn't want to work. I'm running 3 screens.

Is it not working for every aircraft? Is it only the placement or do the colors not save as well?

KBB crashes on install

Thanks for creating this great utility. Unfortunately it crashes when I try installing it. I sent you the files from the EventViewer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Thanks for creating this great utility. Unfortunately it crashes when I try installing it. I sent you the files from the EventViewer.

It looks like it can't find the 'Resources' folder in the Kneeboard Builder folder. If you are missing that folder, download a fresh install from dcskneeboardbuilder.com.

Norton say Kneeboard Builder is a threat?

It looks like it can't find the 'Resources' folder in the Kneeboard Builder folder. If you are missing that folder, download a fresh install from dcskneeboardbuilder.com.

Thanks for the quick reply. Somehow 7zip did not extract all the files. It is working now.

However, Norton quarantined Kneeboard Builder.exe :cry::cry::cry::cry: and reports it as a threat. Is this a known issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Thanks for the quick reply. Somehow 7zip did not extract all the files. It is working now.

However, Norton quarantined Kneeboard Builder.exe :cry::cry::cry::cry: and reports it as a threat. Is this a known issue?

That occurs since kneeboardbuilder.exe doesn't have much of a Norton reputation since it is only used by a niche community. Also, I can't afford to purchase a digital signature certificate via Microsoft that makes the program 'official'. However I can assure you it is safe and does not represent a risk at all to your system.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

I figured as much. Thanks for this excellent utility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

GA Flight Sim

What am I doing wrong? I created a custom kneeboard, then when I went into Kneeboard Preferences, there is no Kneeboard to move around and resize? I did it with and without the sim on? RShift-K brings up the default DCS Kneeboard.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

What am I doing wrong? I created a custom kneeboard, then when I went into Kneeboard Preferences, there is no Kneeboard to move around and resize? I did it with and without the sim on? RShift-K brings up the default DCS Kneeboard.

Click on the '+' button to create a new profile in the 'Kneeboard Profile' box on the left. See page 22 of the user's manual for further details on creating kneeboard profiles.

Thanks,, sorry,, I was fumbling though all the tutorials that were available,, even Bunyaps,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Anyone else using Helios with this or exporting anything to another monitor?

Ok, well it seems then I am the only one exporting. That being the case, basically what happened to me is once I created the kneeboard and was able to move it around within the kneeboard builder to the upper right part of the screen (or anywhere else for that matter) when I went into the sim, all my exports to the 2nd monitor stopped exporting, and when I hit RShft-K to bring up the keyboard, it kept coming up on the lower right side of my 2nd monitor? So 2 issues in my case, exports stopped working and kneeboard would not come up where I set it within Kneeboard builder GUI after saved?

I do love this utility, great work. I may be an isolated problem due to my configuration? I have sine restored my PC back to a previous image the day before I installed this so all is back to normal except I do not have this installed.

If anyone else is exporting, Id be interested in hearing of your success, thanks

Is there a known compatibility issue with Helios? Sorry if I missed in the help file, I did not see any mention.

Thanks for the feedback Snoopy. I dont know what happened to me, must have been a fluke? I lost all my exports to my Helios monitor once I applied this MOD. I had to restore back to an image file a couple days before to get everything back. I have not tried again since.

Since your using Helios, it may be your monitor config that differes from mine regarding kneeboard position? My Helios is setup horizontally to the right of my main monitor. And for clarification purposes, I am NOT trying to move the map to the Helios monitor, thats where it shows up by default, I wanted to move it to the Main monitor to the left.

So the loss of exports for me had to be some kind of unfortunate fluke, I have never lost the exports until I implemented this, maybe next time it wont occur? Again, the other issue was that I could move the map position within the Kneebuilder GUI and save it, but while in the sim, it would just popup in the default location? So, I dont know?

Hmmm,,, that looks familiar indeed! I think that may be edited for some function with Helios, but I will check tonight and report back. Thanks for the tip sir!

I have verified that none of my current MODS are utilizing any custom ViewportHandling.lua files, so DCS is still using its STOCK file. One of the older MODS I used to use for Helios did, that's why it looked familiar. So anyway, I will do as described above and report back as soon as I get the opportunity, thanks.

Try deleting 'ViewportHandling.lua' and 'ViewportHandling_orig.lua' at ...Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit in your DCS install.

Then either repair your DCS World installation or copy the attached ViewportHandling.lua to that directory to get the most current, unmodified copy.

Did that, also removed all mods. No joy, no matter what I select in the app, the kneeboard wont change size or position

Same here, I also tested with and without MODS ( at least this time I did NOT loose my exports). It has to be something simple somewhere that I'm missing here?