[RESOLVED]Need to reinstall every couple of days

Player 1

I've been having this problem for about a month now but it could be longer than that (just noticed a month ago). When I try to start DCS it will not launch, either the VR version or non-VR.

The only thing that seems to work is deleting a couple of folders out of the game folder and repairing the game. I usually delete the API folder and the Bazar folder and re-install them. No, I cannot fix the game by just running DCS repair. It says it fixes something but the game will still not launch.

This seems to happen about every week or so whether I play the game or not. I just had to do this again and I just played on Saturday.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The only modification I've made to DCS is I installed some head-tracker binaries for Freetrack since I'm poor and don't have real TrackIR.

Maybe you have bad mods installed.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Have you tried launching from here?

TzF6Rcm.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• ED Team

please attach your dcs log from your saved games dcs logs folder

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think I found what the problem was. The binary files I was using for Freetrack also had a folder with them that I thought was also supposed to go in the bin folder. Deleting the extra folder is letting DCS work again. I will post again with any updates if it doesn't.