Naval Air Station Fallon PLEASE

navyao

With the addition of the legacy Hornet, U.S. Naval Aviation and the soon to be released F-14 Tomcat, my wish is for a dedicated U.S. Naval Air Station. Perhaps the only thing I miss from both FSX and P3D v4 is the ability to add scenery such as U.S. military installations, especially those that I was stationed at.

I hope down the road DCS expands North America to the west coast. The ability to have either NAS Fallon, NV and or NAS or MCAS Miramar and NAS North Island would make this amazing product even better. The ability to fly field carrier landing practice (FCLP) at any of the aforementioned NAS' would be helpful, especially with the addition of a working Fresnel lens.

Last, I forgot to mention Virtual LSO. vLSO was really helpful to me behind the boat and during FCLP in FSX. Something similar or getting vLSO onboard with DCS sure would be awesome.

Map extension isn't gonna happen . DCS map size limitations have been discussed ad infinitum . I am disturbed , though , that apparently ED won't even consider adding Fallon to the NTTR map . Huge oversight , in my opinion , considering the concurrent development of the Hornet and NTTR .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Map extension isn't gonna happen . DCS map size limitations have been discussed ad infinitum . I am disturbed , though , that apparently ED won't even consider adding Fallon to the NTTR map . Huge oversight , in my opinion , considering the concurrent development of the Hornet and NTTR .

Disturbing and a huge oversight indeed. I seriously cannot wrap my mind around their decision not to include NAS Fallon. They put so much effort into adding civilian airports and yet we are missing one of the most important US bases and what would be a very much needed and only NAS in DCS. NTTR is supposed to serve as a realistic training area before "deploying" to other maps such as the Persian Gulf and Caucasus. While we only had the A-10C as the main full fidelity module, NTTR and Nellis AFB was perfectly fine, however; DCS is becoming much more naval aviation oriented with the Hornet and Tomcat and NAS Fallon is very much needed.

The location of NAS Fallon is already within the boundaries of the NTTR map but it is just outside of the detailed area of the map. It is approximately 68 nm to the northwest of Minas airport. The detailed portion would have to expanded only one grid square to the northwest to include NAS Fallon.

I really hope they reconsider and surprise us all with the very much needed NAS Fallon.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Naval Air Station Fallon PLEASE

The NTTR is an awesome map but there are a lot of pilots that fly the F/A18C,A-4 and soon the F-14 Tomcat and we need to practice carrier landings. I flew over to the Naval Air Station Fallon in Nevada and discovered the base is there but it's only a picture. Please we need the base. lets get this page going so the senior members can pass this up the chain and make this a reality thank you for time and patience.

800px-NFL_-_FAA_airport_diagram.gif

Very much agreed. Let this thread be the start of a petition to get NAS Fallon developed and into DCS.

The location of NAS Fallon is already within the boundaries of the NTTR map but it is just outside of the detailed area of the map. It is approximately 68 nm to the northwest of Minas airport. The detailed portion would have to expanded only one grid square to the northwest to include NAS Fallon.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I would agree as well. A gap for this map. We love you DCS, this would be cool to have.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Seems like a great idea to me!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Incredible oversight given the concurrent development of NTTR and the Hornet . Guess they thought it was more important to give us a bridge to fly under at the Hoover Dam :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

...the base is there but it's only a picture.

Yep, I once flew as far west as I could on NTTR. I was extremely surprised to find that Edwards AFB and east Los Angeles/San Bernardino are pictured on the map. The resolution is like 100m/pixel or something ridiculous like that, but they’re there and it got my hopes up to maybe one day have Edwards as a flyable base.

I think even Wags has said in one of his interviews that the new maps are built with the potential for expansion. ‘Potential’ being the key word obviously. I also think he explicitly said there are no near-future plans to expand the maps as tech and hardware limitations dictate the map sizes to a large degree.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Yep, I once flew as far west as I could on NTTR. I was extremely surprised to find that Edwards AFB and west Los Angeles/San Bernardino are pictured on the map. The resolution is like 100m/pixel or something ridiculous like that, but they’re there and it got my hopes up to maybe one day have Edwards as a flyable base.

I think even Wags has said in one of his interviews that the new maps are built with the potential for expansion. ‘Potential’ being the key word obviously. I also think he explicitly said there are no near-future plans to expand the maps as tech and hardware limitations dictate the map sizes to a large degree.

I went as far as you can go in the other direction once and found that at least some semblance of artwork for Lake Powell is actually there (minus any elevation data for the lake canyons) as is a graphic representation of the Glen Canyon Dam. IRL, there's a large, round mound of rock just east of Page, AZ and believe it or not, the physical feature was actually there!

But NAS Fallon is, IMO, a No Brainer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Disturbing and a huge oversight indeed. I seriously cannot wrap my mind around their decision not to include NAS Fallon. They put so much effort into adding civilian airports and yet we are missing one of the most important US bases and what would be a very much needed and only NAS in DCS. NTTR is supposed to serve as a realistic training area before "deploying" to other maps such as the Persian Gulf and Caucasus. While we only had the A-10C as the main full fidelity module, NTTR and Nellis AFB was perfectly fine, however; DCS is becoming much more naval aviation oriented with the Hornet and Tomcat and NAS Fallon is very much needed.

I really hope they reconsider and surprise us all with the very much needed NAS Fallon.

Ikr?if it's that close and within map bounties then I really do hope ED revisits it to add nas fallon

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The last news by Wags was NTTR was develop closed. Meanwhile ED continue working on Persian Gulf and "Afghanistan?". Syria has maked by Ugra-Media and on WW2, the "Straight of Dover". Not sure if We see any new "expansion" in the future, remember the "cancellation" of Fort Irwin / National Training Center years ago from ED plans, and, has unknown if ED has resources to transfer to NTTR map

Agree completely and have for a while now. With the USN jets becoming the flagships of present day DCS, it makes sense to tuck in a key NAS into NTTR...would help to make it much more relevant.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440