So whats "on deck" for 2019

Harlikwin

I also want a new module ! IT's called FA-30-Stability Fighter ;)

Honestly, we need stability over variety, or am I wrong ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi,

I hope we will have until May 2019 (2 years after release : May 2017) a proper WW2-scenario

* improved AI-plane flight and damage model

* and some of the free asset additions - especially planes :

Avro Lancaster / Hawker Typhoon / C-47 / Ju-88 / Fw 190 A-6 and A-8 / Bf 109 G-6 / A-20 Havoc/Boston / B-24 / B-25 / B-26

If I don`t see a progress - why should I buy the P-47D, Fw 190 A-8, Mosquito, ... mentioned in todays news letter

If we leave the domain of typical modules there are some interesting engine aspects ED are working and which would improve the game quite a bit. CA 2.0, the dynamic campaign engine, dedicated server, CA campaign and so on. I wish there was more coming and I'm doubtful of any fast paced release cycle for these - in particular the dynamic campaign sounded like something Wags is genuinely excited about, but the work is still in early phases and it's a large upgrade. Dedicated server with better multiplayer would be a critically needed upgrade and it might come already in 2019.

DCS 2.6 or 3.0 could also be very interesting but ED hasn't yet mentioned the subject for what I know.

And what about Razbam's DCS:F-15E Strike Eagle. Its my favorite WIP now.

They have other planes in the pipeline and the materials we have seen for the Strike Eagle are in very very early phases. They don't even know what engine it will have. It would seem that expecting the 15E before late 2020 would be very very optimistic. (Excepting pre-purchase but for that to be an option a couple of things would have to turn out very very well in the meanwhile.)

Sorry just love to shoot down other people's dreams :D

Also I don't believe a "finished Harrier" in 2019. Technical people often can take several months to learn a job properly and it's only one coder (is he/she even full time?) that Razbam have added. But I hope they have kept also other resources on the module and people are bound to change their opinions on the module by the end of 2019. Yes I bought it too only recently...

Mi-24 sounds it's more like 2020-2021 now. Not easy to approach this with a calm and clear mind.

It sounds like Syria (including Israel, part of Turkey etc) could be the next map. I might be crazy but there could be a remote possibility that we see it in 2019. Could be an awesome one.

Also near-complete versions of Normandy, Persian Gulf with more airbases and detailed map areas.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Mig-19 seems to make good progress and they're very open about the status: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3662917&postcount=1

Still hard to say whether what remains is 2 months or 18 months. I imagine some of those are rather big items that require long periods of fine tuning. But might be up early 2019 if all goes well?

Another question is at what completion level Razbam wants to release the module to us. I think they are trying to turn a new page and don't want to risk another Harrier. Still a question if they'd like to do a short early access or a pre-purchase+feature complete release.

All of the above is mostly half-educated guesses, of course. ED doesn't make that much official statements on any mid/long-term schedules... which probably is a good thing ;-)

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

[Mig-19] Another question is at what completion level Razbam wants to release the module to us. I think they are trying to turn a new page and don't want to risk another Harrier. Still a question if they'd like to do a short early access or a pre-purchase+feature complete release.

Razbam has stated that Mig-19 will be released when finished, no early access.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Razbam has stated that Mig-19 will be released when finished, no early access.

They also stated that it will be released this year. And that the Harrier also will be finished this year.

Don't believe everything they say ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Didn't ED annouce they were working on a "Flaming Cliffs 4" release (my words not theirs - I can't remember what it was called) with a bunch of non-clickable aircraft (including dumbed dowm Mig 21) and cut down NTTR maped? What happened to that? Is it still in the pipeline?

Didn't ED annouce they were working on a "Flaming Cliffs 4" release (my words not theirs - I can't remember what it was called) with a bunch of non-clickable aircraft (including dumbed dowm Mig 21) and cut down NTTR maped? What happened to that? Is it still in the pipeline?

MAC... and hush until they tell us more! :smilewink:

Don't know why its not here yet. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by aileron

It sounds like Syria (including Israel, part of Turkey etc) could be the next map. I might be crazy but there could be a remote possibility that we see it in 2019. Could be an awesome one.

Also near-complete versions of Normandy, Persian Gulf with more airbases and detailed map areas.

Wags show them on a "deleted" stream some weeks ago with a "Straight of Dover" Map. Has some pic by the forum.

So what about Vulkan? Any ideas if it will be out sooner, later? Seems like this would be a major performance boost, especially for older multicore systems.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

for me in Year 2019

P-47

Fw 190A-8

and a new damage model

maybe a new WWII map too :smilewink:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |