A-10C. Is it possible remove the green len on frontal part of cockpit glass?

jimblue74

I’d like to know this too. In Deferred Shading, it looks horrible.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You might not like it.....but it's authentic.

4aLDtUJ.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

That looks nothing like the A-10 DCS Deferred Shading cockpit! Much more subtle.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just some footage:

Conclusion: It's authentic, but overdone. There are even situations where it can hardly be seen at all, probably depending on the whole lighting situation. Also the view angle seems to have impact on it. It's visible in angles up to 90°, but when looking through the canopy with a flat angle (e.g. cam placed behind left shoulder, view through the left pane), it's practically not visible at all. And it looks like it doesn't tint the sky at all as well, but it's very obvious in front of desert terrain.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Believe it or not, this effect was originally released as a mod. It might not suit everyone, but it is a thing, and was important enough to warrant someone writing the mod.

It is in keeping with reality, even if some of you feel it may be over done.

Also, it is yellow, and not green.

Edited by NeilWillis

I like it. Do not fear change :)

• Like 1

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

It's nothing like real life. It's overdone, and it's green, not yellow/brown!

It's purple!:lol:

now but seriously i don't mind it but i did notice something like this in spitfire too

P-51 also and I for one don't like it, thats the prop planes mind you. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

No, sorry guys. It is quite prevalent in real life and the DCS version is quite like real life. I'm not sure what your guys's settings are like, but for me it is quite noticeable during certain lighting conditions and not so in other conditions. It doesn't seem to be overdone to me at least. And no, it is in fact yellow. Not green.

You can see them quite clearly in these images.

122nd-fort-wayne-a-10-prt1-920-50.png?w=920&h=443

5717717792_fdc39cd573_o.jpg

I've sat in a A-10A when I was younger and I will tell you it looks exactly the same IRL. I was at the Dayton, OH airshow with my Dad when I was 18 and just passed my ASVAB with a 90 for the USAF which let me pick Pilot which I told the A-10 pilot at the time and I put down A-10, F-15, or F-16 Pilot for my choices. He let me sit in the A-10 which was amazing and that was the first thing I saw a slightly gold tint kind of like blue blocker sunglasses. I can only guess that it did the same thing. Oh and for my USAF career unfortunately I lied on my medical and they caught it. I have bad ears so flying was out and so was my USAF career seemed they did not like lying.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You cannot use exterior images as reference to how it looks from the inside. Coatings are not the same in both directions.

It is obviously overdone and the original color is goldish instead of the green tint that we have. It is also seen in many F-16 and EA-6B and its function on those, besides shading, seems to be to work as a Faraday cage, isolating from external radiation, but I cannot see how that would be the case in the Hog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've sat in a A-10A when I was younger and I will tell you it looks exactly the same IRL. I was at the Dayton, OH airshow with my Dad when I was 18 and just passed my ASVAB with a 90 for the USAF which let me pick Pilot which I told the A-10 pilot at the time and I put down A-10, F-15, or F-16 Pilot for my choices. He let me sit in the A-10 which was amazing and that was the first thing I saw a slightly gold tint kind of like blue blocker sunglasses. I can only guess that it did the same thing. Oh and for my USAF career unfortunately I lied on my medical and they caught it. I have bad ears so flying was out and so was my USAF career seemed they did not like lying.

Thanks for that insight.

However, no one is saying that the effect shouldn't be in DCS, it's just that it's not implemented correctly. As you say, there should be a yellowish/brown tinge, but in DCS it's blue/green.

I suspect it's related to all the other shading/lighting issues we have in 2.5.

Thanks for that insight.

However, no one is saying that the effect shouldn't be in DCS, it's just that it's not implemented correctly. As you say, there should be a yellowish/brown tinge, but in DCS it's blue/green.

I suspect it's related to all the other shading/lighting issues we have in 2.5.

It's yellow in DCS. What you're looking at will change how you perceive it. In NTTR it looks obviously yellow. The the Caucasus it makes the green more vivid. It looks just like wearing yellow tinted glasses. Fly in the winter and you'll see it's yellow.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

It's nothing like real life. It's overdone, and it's green, not yellow/brown!

Your perception of the colour will be affected by the outside world. Grass is green, Autumn (fall) environments will emphasise the brown look to it, and against a white background you'll see it as yellow.

It isn't overdone, again, it is your perception of it that is out. It will be obvious when compared to relatively clear glass, but that doesn't make it wrong.