Retractable control panel

SneakyBastd

I wanted a control panel for DCS that wouldn't be a pain in the butt to setup and remove. So after some work I ended up with this. The key part is cheap extendable rails from a local hardware shop.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/goliath-standard-drawer-slide-pair-300mm_p4020967

I found some cupboard hinges that slot in perfectly, bolted them on the end, and there you have it.

Sorry, can't embed the link? Comes up as error.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKzwgg5

The buttons and switches fit into 3D printed parts, which made it MUCH easier to install. Just hack out large squares from the face plate and slot them in.

Had to paint the buttons white so I could see them in VR at night. Black on black is hard to see, who would have thought it? :doh:

Printed some labels onto transparencies for the UFC.

2 Leo Bodnar 64 for everything. Joystick gremlin combines them into a vjoy device for output, and lets on/off and on/off/on switches, which don't fire a signal when going to 'off' to fire a virtual button. This makes it easy to bind in anything without having to script further.

It works well, and might give someone some ideas. Lord knows I've gotten enough ideas from this section! Fly straight.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Thanks for the link! I know, I couldn't find any good buttons, so I had to use something else... Pretty happy with the result, even though soldering the Cherry MX switches was a b****!3d235e6ef5162040dd22532166d16924.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick follow-up question since I just ordered the same buttons as you: what's the thickness of the panel around the mounting holes for the buttons?

For the Cherry MX switches out has to be 1.5mm, otherwise they wouldn't stay in the hole

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk