2.5.1 Ignores Default Output Device

azl

I use Voicemeeter to route audio to multiple outputs: Oculus Rift and an onboard Realtek analog connected to a subwoofer.

The latest 2.5.1 beta ignores my default output selection. In fact, it appears it binds to the Realtek audio device (all DCS audio is played exclusively through my subwoofer and nothing else).

Based on the feedback in another thread, I suspect DCS is attempting to bind to the Rift audio output and fails because it is in use by Voicemeeter, failing over to another non-default audio output (Realtek).

Is there a way to force DCS 2.5.1 to use the default audio device? All other applications output audio as expected, and all prior versions of DCS did as well.

• ED Team

Hi

this is a new feature for the vr headsets, however we have put a feature request in to make it optional

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm using the rift, but I have a Logitech headset for the audio as it is better then the rift.

And from what I am understanding from your statement, then I am not able to do this?

If such this can be quite a painful feature for many people

Edit:

Disabling Rift audio in Windows solves this issue.

So shouldn't be to much of an issue.

But there might be that some want comms on rift and audio on another device.

Edited by Bravo
Solution found

• ED Team

yes it needs to be optional, I dont have VR but I have a headset for TS only and speakers for ingame sound

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same problem here. I switch my default sound device via the normal windows GUI.

However, since DCS 2.5.1 changing the default playback device has no impact any more as soon as DCS has been loaded.

Setting the default playback device only works now, if one sets it before starting DCS.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

It would be really really really awesome if we could choose which playback device DCS uses within DCS itself. Right now I have to rely on a third party tool, which works, but I am sure it would be more graceful if DCS could do that itself.

I don't use VR but I at times need to use my headset for DCS and leave my regular output alone.

If DCS was authoritative rather than just using whatever was default it would eliminate a lot of headaches for VR users I am sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

Same problem here. DCS will output sound to Oculus headphones but will not output to Voicemeeter input, despite being selected as default device and Oculus as default communications device.

Tried everything. This renders my Buttkicker non operational. Whatever has been changed in the latest update needs changing back. I thought I had blown my Transducer....but found it works on everything else.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

amusingly DCS is now the only game on my system where i hear audio through the rift and my system speakers.

been trying to get this working since i got the rift..

and no more manual switching

so great feature which needs an option for those who don't need it.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• ED Team

yes it is a nice feature, but still would be nice to have it optional

This needs to be made optional. It really seems to have screwed over more people than it benefited. Not sure on the scale of work that needs to be done in DCS how this made it onto the 'do' list. All/Many of us with tactile transducer and alt/audio headphone setups, which it seems are quite a few, are now left in a broken audio state until this gets fixed. I hope it is in the next update.

• ED Team

don't worry, a request has been made, and the feedback from users good bad and ugly have been passed on as well :)