April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc!

We have no experience with the system and the job is large enough with what we already have planned. It would add a considerable amount of time to work this through and through.

I do not see us making any aircraft in the future where the investment in the technology and code base would be used again.

I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed however I have always said to our customers, please look at the product description for what to expect.

Pman

Fair enough I guess.

Many of us have been very exited by the brief 2-seat capability. Too bad.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda shocked that the term World was not used in the thread title... that is all.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We have no experience with the system and the job is large enough with what we already have planned. It would add a considerable amount of time to work this through and through.

I do not see us making any aircraft in the future where the investment in the technology and code base would be used again.

I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed however I have always said to our customers, please look at the product description for what to expect.

Pman

edit: That said, never say never and if the some of the guys wants to put their free time into doing it then no reason why not, but it is not currently on the board.

I would support the notion for the backseat ride along. It would not require to tie in any systems, just the option to have an instructor setting in the back seat watching and advising a student what be extremely helpful.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

edit: That said, never say never and if the some of the guys wants to put their free time into doing it then no reason why not, but it is not currently on the board.

Aren't those guys doing the primary work in their free time, in the first place? My understanding is that VEAO does not have any full time employees (except Chris, perhaps).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The team at VEAO Simulations have carefully re-created every detail of the exterior and cockpit of the Hawk, with assistance from real life Hawk pilots and ground crew, to give you the virtual experience of sitting in the real jet.

The Hawk cockpit is as realistic as sitting in the jet itself. Every switch is clickable, every dial has a function and every gauge reads exactly how the aircraft is performing.

:music_whistling:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

The team at VEAO Simulations have carefully re-created every detail of the exterior and cockpit of the Hawk, with assistance from real life Hawk pilots and ground crew, to give you the virtual experience of sitting in the real jet.

The Hawk cockpit is as realistic as sitting in the jet itself. Every switch is clickable, every dial has a function and every gauge reads exactly how the aircraft is performing.

:music_whistling:

They are,

Just not clickable by 2 different users at the same time in MP

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

As much as I would like a two seat option, i'll just be happy to see the Hawk feature complete, I am still excited for anything remotely close to what we have in the RCAF :)

I actually looked at a CT155 a little while ago and it was lovely. I'd love to be able to do abit of a more modern pit Hawk in the future. But its abit of a labor of love and I don't know if there is a market for it :(

Pman

I actually looked at a CT155 a little while ago and it was lovely. I'd love to be able to do abit of a more modern pit Hawk in the future. But its abit of a labor of love and I don't know if there is a market for it :(

Pman

Hey Pman, quick question, is there any reason why the Aden gun is not showing on the belly of Hawk while on ground or in the air? Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere. Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

As much as I would like a two seat option, i'll just be happy to see the Hawk feature complete, I am still excited for anything remotely close to what we have in the RCAF :)
Geez. I didn't even realize we flew a version of the Hawk. Some aviation enthusiast I am. :(
Hey Pman, quick question, is there any reason why the Aden gun is not showing on the belly of Hawk while on ground or in the air? Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere. Thanks TC

Uh not that I am aware of, will test

Pman

Geez. I didn't even realize we flew a version of the Hawk. Some aviation enthusiast I am. :(

16 x CT155s I believe. A variant of the T100 with a more modern cockpit and a changed fuse and wings.

Its not that similar to the T1a

Pman

Uh not that I am aware of, will test

Pman

Sorry I should have mention that it's missing the Aden on both 2.5 and 2.5.1 beta, however in 2.5 only if I turn off Deffered Shading then the gun shows but with DS On gun is invisible, still works mine you but invisible in outside view. I have same issues with custom skins for P-51, DS On skins screwed up, DS Off skins perfect. Hopes this helps. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Sorry I should have mention that it's missing the Aden on both 2.5 and 2.5.1 beta, however in 2.5 only if I turn off Deffered Shading then the gun shows but with DS On gun is invisible, still works mine you but invisible in outside view. I have same issues with custom skins for P-51, DS On skins screwed up, DS Off skins perfect. Hopes this helps. TC

yeah it does, I will get it look at :thumbup:

Pman

Thanks, I appreciate that. TC

Hey Guys,

I managed to get most of the Caucasus missions working in 2.5.1 OpenBeta but please report any bugs you see as sometimes AI can do weird things between DCS versions.

Also the Mach loop mission should be there again.

I’m having issues with the MP missions and am working on those at the moment.

Thanks,

Chris.

• ED Team

Pman

Oh I dont need a fully accurate CT155, I wouldnt stop you guys from doing it, but I still dream of a multi aircraft campaign featuring the Hawk and the Hornet, a sort of RCAF training and combat campaign... so I am still cheering for you guys to work out all your stuff... if I am gonna demand anything you know that it would be that damn Lancaster :P

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

... if I am gonna demand anything you know that it would be that damn Lancaster :P

I don't think you are alone there. It would be awesome.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi VEAO

I do not understand why you remove the back seat of the instructor?

For coding in lua it's very easy, because the function is all coded by the first cockpid of the front seat!

You just get the same function for the two different trigger buttons!

You just have to retexture the second rear cockpit and copy the existing code to assign it to the different instruments of the second seat.

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi VEAO

I do not understand why you remove the back seat of the instructor?

For coding in lua it's very easy, because the function is all coded by the first cockpid of the front seat!

You just get the same function for the two different trigger buttons!

You just have to retexture the second rear cockpit and copy the existing code to assign it to the different instruments of the second seat.

Our current code is fundamentally incompatible with multi-crew so it is not that simple

Pman

I'd just like Hawk to be straightened out overall, the MP element of two seats would have been good, but in comparison I feel if VEAO have to cut back on something and choices are to be made, let's concentrate on core aspects without muddying the waters.

I don't know how many people use it, but TacView in the paid version gives a realtime instructor slot and if you are using the back seat as a strict trainer who is looking at energy, AoA, G, speed and so on, you can get all that information from Tacview and gain the instructor slot many times over. The value of a ride along backseat is diminished in my view, not completely unimportant, just less so than actually getting a good simulation completed.

They've said "No". It's as clear as day, let's please not pester it with repeats and "But what about ...", it only stops the guys engaging with us and we know where that leads.

Hope VEAO get this done soon please, Hawk is a great airframe and much loved, give her the breath of life please.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ok Pman

Whats about just put the rear seat as passager spectaror slot ?

+1 exactly what I am hoping for.

It is clear that a dual cockpit with interactive controls can't be done with considerable effort and that is how it is.

The pure back seat on the other hand was the first gadget introduced, without any switchology and that should not be too difficult. (@Pman you said the problem is to tie in the switches and synchronization).

Maybe it is possible to just add and sync the backseat viewpoint and maybe "double" the instruments/gauges.

This would enable an instructor to have a look at gauge positions and give guidance and corrections, as well as seeing the same outside world could help a lot in navigation, talk on to targets and even having the same picture of a landing approach.

I may have missed a technical problem that prevents you from doing this and that is OK. Then we need to accept it.

But if you just thought it has to be a full synchronized controls with bells and whistles Trainer, that's not the case for me and it seems others as well. If feasible for you guys and may worth the time, I am sure a lot of people will be very grateful if you consider a simple backseat without controls.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The code for twin seat/rear seat is still there in the LUA, it's just rem'd out.

If you want rear seat in SP you can simply change the lines of code back to being 2 seater.

Even if you want rear seat instructor view in MP, again change the lines in the lua, but it could cause a crash on your server (Warning!!).

The issue was that in MP it was crashing servers and we were asked to remove the function until the code can be re-written for dual control (i.e. two people can fly the aircraft, front or rear).

It's not simply a case of switching on rear seat spectator view, DCS does not allow for this type of function without the full twin seat multi-crew capability, which again is crashing servers.

At the time when we had it working there were no server crashes and it was working brilliantly for a while and then something was changed in DCS core that made the servers crash when Hawk was loaded in multi-crew, more to the point when Hawk was shot down as it didn't recognise the "player" was dead.

As Pete said, Hawk was already far in development way before multi-crew was introduced into DCS with the L-39 and therefore the base code for multi-crew wasn't even a thing back then so none of the functions were coded for it.

crew_size	 = 2,
-- 	crew_size	 = 1,
crew_members = 
{
	[1] = 
	{
		ejection_seat_name = "pilot+ejectionseat",
		drop_canopy_name = "Hawk_canopy",
		pos =  {4,	1,	0},
		canopy_pos = {4,	1,	0},
		ejection_order    = 1,
		ejection_added_speed = {0,0,5},
		can_be_playable  = true,	
		role = "pilot",
		role_display_name = _("Pilot"), -- _("Hawk Pilot")
	}, -- end of [1]
-- Add these lines back in for rear cockpit availablitily in SP
[		[2] = 
	{
		ejection_seat_name = "pilot+ejectionseat",
		drop_canopy_name = "Hawk_canopy",
		pos =  {4,	1,	0},
		canopy_pos = {4,	1,	0},
		ejection_order    = 2,
		ejection_added_speed = {0,0,-5},
		pilot_body_arg  = 529,
		can_be_playable  = true,