DCS- Version Change Notifier (VECANO)

Bailey

Welcome to DCS-VECANO (Version Change Notifier)!!!

Ever wonder if DCS has updated?

Is your F5 key worn out?

How long is Two Weeks?

Use any combination of visual, audio, or Gmail notification when the DCS version site is updated!

Download DCS-VECANO via ED User Files<--Click

or

Download DCS-VECANO via Google Drive<--Click

TaEmsTZ.png

Click "Help" in the program to know more.

It may be obvious that this program is made to only work when a DCS update comes out, and you know how often than can be... So, I have included 'DCS-VersionChangeNotifier-vXX-Demo.exe'so you can make sure the app works 100% for you before an actual update.

If you want to check out the C# code I used to make this app, open the file called 'DCS-VECANO-vXXcode.txt' with Notepad++ or your preferred text viewer application.

Contents of the Help button:

gmcoMS8.png

This project is for the DCS community. It will notify you when the DCS update site's HTML has changed. This is usually a good way to know that a version number changed.My personal strategy is to turn it on within a few hours before a known update. Or run it on a spare computer before you go to work or to sleep ;)

How to use this app:

1. Open this program. While this help page is displayed the app is paused.

2. If you want a .wav or .mp3 sound to play when a change has been detected, select it using the "Select Notification Sound" button.

3. If you would like to be notified via email when a change has been detected, put in your email address and password. No information is saved and none of your info is sent anywhere. Those with two-factor authentication on their Gmail Account may have to take some extra steps to use the Gmail notification feature. If you have two-factor authentication on your Gmail Account, follow these instructions:

-a. Sign into your Gmail account at https://mail.google.com, then go to Settings > Accounts and Import > Other Google Account settings. (You can make Gmail accounts for free if you want one.)

-b. Under Security, scroll down and enable access for less secure apps. This is essential for IMAP, POP and SMTP connections. The Gmail notification is 100% optional.

5. When you are ready, click the "Listen 4 Updates" button. The app will evaluate the HTML code of the DCS Update webpage on an interval timer.

This application was created to monitor the release of DCS World updates. It has been redesigned from a command line interface to what you see here. Thank you Santi from the DCS Discord for the motivation for this project and BIGNEWY of the DCS Discord for the idea. If you have any questions, comments, improvements, suggestions, concerns, just want to say Hi, etc., please feel free to contact me on Discord: Bailey#6230.

~Bailey

29NOV2019

Edited by Bailey