[TRACK NEEDED] EZ 42 gunsight issue - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #11
JG13~Wulf

Yes, thats why I ask before about gun convergence. It's something we should be able to modify for almost each plane. But It's true that P51D and Fw 190D had preset convergence to match with their gyro gunsight.

So normally those are fixed.
But hope to see that option coming for Spitfire, Fw 190A, Bf 109 and I16.

Hope to see it working like Cliffs of Dover with the ability to choose the convergence of each gun. As Pierre Clostermann explained about this, some pilot have different gun convergence for their gun to spread munition in a larger area (as no one could really say where they where shooting).
Old 09-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #12
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
Yes, thats why I ask before about gun convergence. It's something we should be able to modify for almost each plane. But It's true that P51D and Fw 190D had preset convergence to match with their gyro gunsight.

So normally those are fixed.
But hope to see that option coming for Spitfire, Fw 190A, Bf 109 and I16.

Hope to see it working like Cliffs of Dover with the ability to choose the convergence of each gun. As Pierre Clostermann explained about this, some pilot have different gun convergence for their gun to spread munition in a larger area (as no one could really say where they where shooting).
my question is about gun sight's reticle is it suposed to move up and down when cranking range dial or not.
I realy dont mind 700m coverage as soon as gun sight's reticle will show proper elevation for set range
Ability to set gun coverage range is for difrent topic, nothing to do with gun sight

Last edited by grafspee; 09-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #13
JG13~Wulf

I misunderstand ^^

In fact, the EZ 42 gunsight is set "know" the trajectory of the bullet for a good convergence (700m).

If you set the EZ 42 gunsight to 200m, it should center on the point where the bullet go at 200m. So yes, it should move up or down when you change the distance. Then the gyro "take care of the movement of the plane". When at rest, we should see the sight going up and down following the "bullet course". That what missing now. The sight is centered to ~700 m (convergence point). If you modify sight distance, the circle change size but not his center as it should.

That's the correction requested.
As a test, you can center a spit at ~100m distance in the sight. You will have "all" your bullet passing just over it.You have to shoot a little over the center of the cross.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #14
rogonaut

that would be an awesome fix, i always wondered why i never hit anything with the gyro!

+1000
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #15
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
I misunderstand ^^

In fact, the EZ 42 gunsight is set "know" the trajectory of the bullet for a good convergence (700m).

If you set the EZ 42 gunsight to 200m, it should center on the point where the bullet go at 200m. So yes, it should move up or down when you change the distance. Then the gyro "take care of the movement of the plane". When at rest, we should see the sight going up and down following the "bullet course". That what missing now. The sight is centered to ~700 m (convergence point). If you modify sight distance, the circle change size but not his center as it should.

That's the correction requested.
As a test, you can center a spit at ~100m distance in the sight. You will have "all" your bullet passing just over it.You have to shoot a little over the center of the cross.
thanks for answer, So i would say that i can get used to it after some practise but would be great if this feature would work
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #16
JG13~Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
thanks for answer, So i would say that i can get used to it after some practise but would be great if this feature would work
With practice I'm used to it now but when attacking from above at high speed it can became hard to correct because of you trajectory and to correct because of the bug. As the plane is fast, you don't have lot of time to do. But yes you can be used to :p