Invisible Tiger!

Alpenwolf

I honestly haven't had that issue flying the Mig-21 on your server man. I feel like visibility sucks in the Mig-21 and tend to fly low level and keep my speed high near mountains. I don't often turn with F-5s because they have a turn advantage at low altitude that's hard to counter in the Mig-21. I had no issue killing around 6 F-5s in a row over the course of an hour or so a few days ago.

I think the real difference is the blue paint on the F-5 and that it produces less smoke than the Mig-21. I typically spot the Mig-21 in a turn or at close range because of its smoke. That big black smear in the sky is a dead give away.

I'm playing with an Oculus Rift too. Not exactly an advantage for visibility. ;)

Maybe try a different paint scheme with the F-5s? Maybe one of the darker camo ones like the Mig-21 is using? You could also always do the all-black "Mig-28" scheme if you can't find any other way to stop losing against the F-5. ;)

Edited by Aries144

Maybe try a different paint scheme with the F-5s? Maybe one of the darker camo ones like the Mig-21 is using? You could also always do the all-black "Mig-28" scheme if you can't find any other way to stop losing against the F-5. ;)

The different paint schemes are one of the main visual aids I use to tell Tiger from MiG on the ACG server.

I'm using the Rift too and it's very difficult to identify the silhouette until very close. Wouldn't similar coloured planes make it even harder?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I don't recall the guys from Burning Skies mentioning that they uploaded the mod. But in their thread the said it was ok to take the mod from the .miz file. I use it on my SP actions. I don't thing that would be a problem for other servers to use a community solution.

yup thats what i did too, its the best choice atm. would be nice to see this one on the acg server!

+1

You could also always do the all-black "Mig-28" scheme if you can't find any other way to stop losing against the F-5. ;)

Who said losing to the F-5 is the case?

The MiG-28 scheme is an option as long as the F-5 pilots don't mind it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Mig-28 refers to the red coalition. I think we have cooler and more camouflage wise livery's for the F-5

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Who said losing to the F-5 is the case?

The MiG-28 scheme is an option as long as the F-5 pilots don't mind it.

Accidental team killing would get much worse if both sides were flying with red stars on their planes.

The introduction of PBR did wonders to spotting against the ground in some other games so there is hope.

• 8 months later...
  • ED Translators

Guys, its not about leverages..

Alpenwolf is not talking out of his ...

Community feeling that problem and naming F-5 having klingon cloaking device for some time already. just do a dogfight training session with it.

Also remember, until we identify the issue and its root cause we can't really say who is right and who is wrong.

It could be that issue depends on the type of GPU for instance or some particular setting...

AKA LazzySeal

• 1 year later...

I have also noticed the F-5 is the most difficult aircraft to spot in dcs. Ive been doing many dogfights with Sabre and Mig15 which are smaller, also against 21 all of then easier to see and track than the F-5 in mid/close ranges.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]