Bombing Improvement

doodenkoff

what is your resolution? mine is 10 meters according to tacview (one pass haul ass)

to get resolution, download tacview (unless you already have it)

then do the bombing and in the log where it says hit by ...

you double click on that, then you have a blue FAB-250 and the hit unit. Just see the distance in meters or feet in the swap (hot/cold/degrees) button.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I did not know Tacview could tell me that.

Keep in mind, I'm using Erpe's warhead mod. Tacview is showing lethality to 200 ft. They are exposed infantry not in vehicles and with no buildings or terrain features.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

yes it could. just double click the hit by (weapon) to see the range from weapon impact point to target.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

the closest?

What depression angle were you inputting on the ASP? What other parameters have you been going by as far as entry spped, dive angle etc?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

What the manual says. A dive angle of 20 deg with a the ASP set at 13 and trying to ingress at 1200 m at 400 kmh and releasing about 700 m. That's where I started.

Those specs are a good starting point. It will start you knowing about where and when to hit the release. I laid two FAB-250s dead center on my target last night and had very little left to mop-up with the rockets. And I missed the parameters on the "book" approach attack.

I zipped a Tacview file for reference. You'll note I came in shallow. I changed from FaceTrackNoir to OpenTrack and I've noticed that in OpenTrack, I can't lean over and look over the side so to speak. I'm still working on my visual cues for starting an attack run.

I'm also using the warhead mod.

Tacview-20150327-195625-DCS.txt.zip

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

What the manual says. A dive angle of 20 deg with a the ASP set at 13 and trying to ingress at 1200 m at 400 kmh and releasing about 700 m. That's where I started.

Those specs are a good starting point. It will start you knowing about where and when to hit the release. I laid two FAB-250s dead center on my target last night and had very little left to mop-up with the rockets. And I missed the parameters on the "book" approach attack.

I zipped a Tacview file for reference. You'll note I came in shallow. I changed from FaceTrackNoir to OpenTrack and I've noticed that in OpenTrack, I can't lean over and look over the side so to speak. I'm still working on my visual cues for starting an attack run.

I think ingress should be at 470 km/h according to the table, which is achieved with roughly 97% RPM.

When starting the roll in I bring the throttle to idle.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Are you sure that´s the correct TacView? I see an F-15 sortie where you down an IL76...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I did not know Tacview could tell me that.

Keep in mind, I'm using Erpe's warhead mod. Tacview is showing lethality to 200 ft. They are exposed infantry not in vehicles and with no buildings or terrain features.

Not to trail thread away, but just as a footnote that a 250kg bomb should do something more than just that.

[ame]http://sill-www.army.mil/firesbulletin/archives/2002/NOV_DEC_2002/NOV_DEC_2002_FULL_EDITION.pdf[/ame]

(and if it doesn't work)

http://imgur.com/gallery/gIjCo

And some other:

http://tanks.mod16.org/2014/03/10/report-on-protection-from-fragments-from-he-ammunition/

So maybe one day we can get the simulation more accurate to ease our bombing runs and effectiveness to do ground attacks ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.