New info on DCS A-10C and on thrustmaster HOTAS!!

No, but no need too!

The stick and throttle are very smooth and the tension is perfect IMHO .

Yes, I have been testing the sticks for a while, so if you all have any questions then ask away.

Is the testing phase finished? (he said sneakily):music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

No, but no need too!

The stick and throttle are very smooth and the tension is perfect IMHO .

Yes, I have been testing the sticks for a while, so if you all have any questions then ask away.

I would like to know how the support software is, say compared to saitek's STT programming software.

Can we load profiles as easily? Does it differentiate right/left ctrl/shift/alt keys?

@Flim: Do you know if Foxy (Cougar Edition) can be used to program the upcoming A-10C TM HOTAS?

Also, while I realize there are suttle differences between the F-16C/D stick and the A-10C stick, I believe they have all the same buttons and switches. That being the case, is the throttle quadrant portion of the new A-10C HOTAS system compatible with the Cougar stick? (i.e., can I save a couple $ and buy only the throttle part if I already have the Cougar?)

Thanks for any info you have and can share!

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

@Flim: Do you know if Foxy (Cougar Edition) can be used to program the upcoming A-10C TM HOTAS?

Also, while I realize there are suttle differences between the F-16C/D stick and the A-10C stick, I believe they have all the same buttons and switches. That being the case, is the throttle quadrant portion of the new A-10C HOTAS system compatible with the Cougar stick? (i.e., can I save a couple $ and buy only the throttle part if I already have the Cougar?)

Thanks for any info you have and can share!

They are working on new software to program the stick with, but it was not finished as of the launch event. It was still in testing.

The stick and throttle on the warthog are completely separate physically. They each have their own USB cable and plug directly into the computer so you can use your existing Cougar stick and the new throttle. They did not have any indication of selling them separately and I would highly doubt they will. In any case you will want the new stick even if it is just to put the new grip on your existing cougar base as the new stick grip has MUCH higher quality buttons and feel to the existing cougar grip.

Did the guy who comments the Video say "We´re now in F-18 ... sorry A-10" at minute 00:43 in the Video while they were showing the F-15 ? *hint*

Awsome stick ! I will definatly buy DSC : A-10C and the HOTAS Warthog as soon as possible.

Edited by Lightning

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the additional info, Gadroc. I just looked at a thread over at SimHQ where Teej provided a mini review discussing the feel of the buttons on the stick - sounds great - will definitely want the new version!

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

To have the simped F16/C to work whit the new Hotas,do we have to have both the cougar and the new one plugged in the usb ports, hm thats 3 usb-ports

You would probably either have to have 3 usb ports or just use the base of the original cougar with the new stick and get away with 2 usb ports. I think you would lose 1 button functionality. I purchased simped myself and they told me the cougar version will not work if it is simply plugged into a gameport because it has digital output instead of analog. For this reason I had mine custom made black paint and with usb output. They didnt even charge me extra for that.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Yes i saw that over at simhq

But i dont like it,why dont they put a gameport at the base of the trottle?

I proberly will try this ,i dont know if it is good or not

http://www.conrad.se/swe/tp.php?recordID=981285

Edited by sofie_59

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Yes i saw that over at simhq

But i dont like the it,why dont they put a gameport at the base of the trottle?

I proberly will try this ,i dont know if it is good or not

http://www.conrad.se/swe/tp.php?recordID=981285

As I just stated, the pedals have a digital output signal and therefore is incompatible to the standard analog gameport if you purchased the cougar version. A gameport to usb adapter will not work. I got this straight from the mouth of dhs-electronic representative.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Why would a HOTAS manufacturer keep including the past when its moving towards the future. I wish my cars CD player had an input for 8-Tracks but why? I understand people dont want to upgrade their pedals especially a nice set but I can understand TM for not having the ability to use the pedals.

while chatting about USB ports.. it looks like the new motherboards are USB 3.0.. are the new USB hubs 3.0?...

and yes they are cheap, but I try to buy a good quality usb hub, like an HP or similar.. with a power supply..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR