[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

I'm not sure to get it. You're using the HSI to get your BE posit from the VTB ? What I do is placing one of my waypoint on the BE then, declaring this waypoint as the BE with the VTB function.

Am I doing it wrong ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to have a waypoint on the BE.

You select this WPT on the VTB to have radar cursor position from the the BE.

But if you want to use air picture from the AWACS to point in the right direction, you need to be able to know your own position from the BE.

2 ways:

- select BE WPT as DEST and read on IDN (HSI) with range and back of the double arrow to get bearing from the BE.

- select BE WPT as PREP on PCN, select D/ RLT, and substrate 180° from RLT to get your bearing from BE (PCN gives bearing TO the BE).

So you can have bearing distance on 2 waypoints at the same time.

DEST on IDN and HUD.

PREP on PCN.

How you affect BE is up to you.

But you can quickly cycle DEST waypoint with keyboard shortcuts.

The real fighter has been upgraded with DEST +/- box on the left of the dashboard. So what sounds like gaming tweak is indeed realistic feature.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ok, then to know where are you other waypoints you need the D/RLT function on the PCN.

to know where I am (and my targets) I have waypoints on VTB - those improve SA much more significantly than looking at D/RLT on PCN all the time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The kneeboard does not work in the open beta only the first page is visible no other pages can be accessed.

Did you check your control assignments ?

Sometime there is a reset after update...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

yep, broken, had this issue at least once before but thought it would be fixed soon. Was wrong. Held down button, in singleplayer working fine, in Multiplayer wouldn't drop them, had them selected, master arm on, jettison cover open and jettison switch to the left.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

only 4x Belouga as A2G weapons.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

yes, 2x 530, 2x Magic aswell.

Do you have a source for that? o_O That'd be a very weird design issue, that'd mean Dassault didn't even consider the M-2000C to make an A2G attack and after that being ready/stand by for A2A combat. . . . .

Do you have a source for that? o_O That'd be a very weird design issue, that'd mean Dassault didn't even consider the M-2000C to make an A2G attack and after that being ready/stand by for A2A combat. . . . .

I think it's in the manual. Not at home now, will check ASAP.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Ok found it,

"[...] due to limitations of the targeting computer, it is not possible to mix Super 530D missiles with air-to-ground weapons"
But no source given in there that it's like that in real M-2000C, and no information on what would happen IRL in M2000C when trying to jettison Belouga if Belouga is mixed with 530D.
Edited by DanielNL

edited

Lol, in 99% of google images they carry 2 fuel tanks, super weird xD

You shouldn't need to jettison Beluga while carrying Super 530D because you shouldn't load both in the first place :D

Since it's avionics from the 80' try to imagine that your smartphone is more powerful than jet fighters avionics from this time era...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I just wonder if it's even realistic than that in M-2000C BOTH the Belougas AND the 530s show up in the weapons panel... maybe that already is unrealistic?? Man, we need a real Mirage-2000 expert/Dassault expert in this forum to ask him/her... :/

It is like this in the real 2000C. It's a question of ''computer frame''. I don't know the real word in english but in french we call it ''trame informatique''. If I understood my instructors correctly, it's basically code lines with the ballistic informations needed to use a weapon. There are two weapons available in all ''frames'', those are the guns, and the Magic II. Besides Guns and Magic II, each weapon type have its own ''frame'', and only one frame can be loaded. Nobody was able to answer my question when I asked what will happen if we load 530 with bombs, because... they simply never tried it.

I'm not a subject matter expert, if someone have other informations don't hesitate to correct me. I can be wrong, or have misunderstood what my instructors told me.