Startup ATC radio frequency in .ini, .lua or .miz files.

LaLa

I'm looking into some programming radios, and I wondered is there a way to get or set the initial radio frequency programmatically either before or after a mission start?

I dont want to have to look in-plane for the present setting, but once I either set programmically, or determined from a variable, I've got a green light. Sure, if the mission breifing uses a frequency, but how to get that value from the .miz file.

Unfortunately I dont think radio presets, that are saved in-plane are written to disk?

Too bad that would make things easier.

You should be able to use the "prepare mission function" of the mission editor to save all radio presets and frequencies in the mission itself, read the DCS "User Manual.pdf" for instructions.

A-10C

 CDU. All setting except a mission editor flight plan that can't be changed.

 IFFCC. The block of test menu.

 MFCD. Lower OSB buttons functionality.

 SADL. Network user ID, callname etc. (NET page)

 TAD. Profiles.

 TGP. Laser codes, integration, calibration method, gain settings, TAAF altitude.

 DSMS. Mission Control Page settings. Weapon profiles.

+

UHF, VHF_AM, VHF_FM radio frequencies.

Once your avionics are setup as desired for the mission, exit the mission and press the SAVE button in the ME once again to save all of the prepared data in the mission file.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

First prepare and save a mission. Open the mission.miz file with WinRAR or WinZIP and you will see a RADIO .lua file for each radio. Open those files with a .lua editor, like Notepad +++ and edit them as you wish. I have standard radio freq files that I add to all missions.

Thank you Habu 69 and Mad Dog IC all good stuff, I suppose there isnt a user template we could modify to prevent continual modifications for every mission. Never mind very helpful anyway!

La