My BAUR BRD-F3 Rudder Pedals arrived today. Unboxing Pics!

After only 10 days of shipping from Sochi/Russia to the US, they finally arrived in an admittedly somewhat tattered blue box. I've ordered the set with an additional pair of pedals, which are inspired by the actual Su-35 rudder pedals. The standard ones are based on the WWII German rudder pedals.

The pedal base comes pre-assembled, except the pedals themselves not being attached - which shouldn't be a problem at all: There are four screws that mount the pedals to the toe-brake assembly, and two screws to mount the pedals/toe-brake assembly to the rudder base itself.

There weren't any instructions included in the package, but BAUR has a dedicated forum thread here (I let google auto-translate these pages), There are also various other posts on the subject, and BAUR himself is extremely helpful and forthcoming via email, too!

Here are some unboxing pics; I will follow up with some more pics after I got the desired pedals on.

The Box from Russia:

ttyUJzt.jpg

Everything is wrapped tight in bubble wrap:

FvA75j7.jpg

The box' content - securely packaged:

sMyiJvp.jpg

The pedal base - fully assembled:

HcYCB7n.jpg

Where there's a box - there's a cat:

XepwifY.jpg

Pedal base and toe-brake assembly:

gTex2Hr.jpg

Toe-brake assembly details - there's a contact-less magnetic sensor in that little gray box:

ULkIL0j.jpg

Toe-brake springs offer realistic resistance:

6Nub045.jpg

The overall content of the shipment, all laid out:

cgdJIfz.jpg

Accessories - extra centering spring, USB cable, plates to mount the pedals in a slanted fashion, instead of the straight upward way.

fLIK7tp.jpg

The Su-35 inspired set:

bt58Dt1.jpg

The WWII Germany inspired set:

cDTCdzG.jpg

Closeup of the pedal base with BRD logo and centering spring:

SzEiZC2.jpg

The dual cam configuration:

7VdazSq.jpg

Another close look at these cams:

Si9WZp4.jpg

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assembled with the default German-style pedals - for now; later I'd like to try the modern ones as well.

TZbRayc.jpg

Comparison with VKB T-Rudder MkIII; don't get me wrong - I still love my T-Rudder set, but man, those BAURs are something else - and, of course, have toe-brakes!

4EIzjvk.jpg

I091p9K.jpg

My dilemma - the BRD pedals do not fit into my Obutto Ozone. Guess it's time to remove the monitor stand, wall-mount the monitor, place the BRDs on the floor, and scootch the seat closer to the wall to accommodate the bigger pedal set! :)

NmdS5Zy.jpg

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What a nightmare! What have they done with my box! I understand - the only way to avoid it - send in a wooden box as a weapon !!!

I'm sad. Mail does not accept other special box. Or send two boxes as I suggested.

Maybe it would be better if we make the English translation of my instructions for assembly? In Russia, I sell pedal disassembled.

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a nightmare! What have they done with my box! I understand - the only way to avoid it - send in a wooden box as a weapon !!!

I'm sad. Mail does not accept other special box. Or send two boxes as I suggested.

Maybe it would be better if we make the English translation of my instructions for assembly? In Russia, I sell pedal disassembled.

Hi Baur,

even though the box looked a little messed up, all the parts were protected by your use of plenty of bubble wrap! :thumbup:

So, everything is good!

And yes, maybe some English translation for exchanging the plates for slanted vs non-slanted pedal mounting would be good.

Adding the pedals themselves is not so bad, once you remove the springs from the toe-brake assembly (thanks Cyph3r for pointing that out!).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This Obutto need some welder work. :)

BTW - You guys should suggest for Obutto maker add support for width flight sim pedals. ;)

Well, the newer (and more expensive) Obutto R3volution has a wider pedal area based on user feedback. But I didn't want to spend about twice as much money for that. :) So, some customization on my part is needed...

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Right up there with MFGs. Seems like a comparable solution. Congrats!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Where did you get your joystick extension? I'm looking for something quite similar. I use the obutto R3v.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

What are your prices for your sim gear?

Congrats, and thanks for the pics/post!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So, I fixed my Obutto dilemma by disconnecting the Obutto monitor stand, and then re-attaching my extended VKB Mamba to the Obutto seat.

Next, I installed a wall mount for my 27" monitor to mimic the height and distance of my now gone Obutto monitor stand.

Baur's BRD-F3 pedals I placed against the wall, and they're working like a charm. The overall movement is buttery smooth (I attached the stronger spring for a bit more resistance, though).

The pedal base allows the set to be pushed against the wall, while still allowing full movement of the rudder axis - without touching the wall. Little things like that matter.

Still waiting for a longer Displayport cable, and a USB extension for my TrackIR. Else, I am rocking a half-size Obutto now with the awesome BAUR pedals, but the goal is to have both the Obutto seat and the pedals mounted on some sort of frame for stability reason... still researching what options I have.

Anyway, some new pics below...

bFthknQ.jpg

ubLe3ct.jpg

k0P3PP3.jpg

CA4QxRB.jpg

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Where did you get your joystick extension? I'm looking for something quite similar. I use the obutto R3v.

That's the extension for the VKB Mamba, offered (sold out at this time) by VKB; I bought mine from http://www.gostratojet.com.

The customization options with VKB are quite nice; cannot wait for my TM Warthog adapter (once they're ready to order again) to swap grips as desired.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's a VKB base, I believe.

Correct. VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk.III.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just need a Jetseat now, and your kit is complete. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You could call your modified setup the Obutto no-zone.

That's actually a brilliant pun. Can I borrow that for my sig? :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com