Where do we install user created campaigns? I've looked all over

As the title says, I've followed youtube video guides and some old threads on these forums. For example, I just tried downloading the user campaign for my f5 "Cordovia vs Dreamland." From looking around the internet it seems I extract everything to

users, saved games, dcs world or dcs world beta, missions, campaigns, en. Well I've done that and nothing seems to work. I can sort of find them in game by going to the create custom campaign and opening it but I don't know how to PLAY it.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

I just tried downloading the user campaign for my f5 "Cordovia vs Dreamland."

From looking around the internet it seems I extract everything to users, saved games, dcs world or dcs world beta, missions, campaigns, en.

I've done that and nothing seems to work. I can sort of find them in game by going to the create custom campaign and opening it but I don't know how to PLAY it.

Folder to install into: C:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en\

To play it goto:

1. Main DCS login window -> Campaigns -> My Campaigns -> Name of your downloaded campaign -> OK button.
  2. If it is a campaign, make sure the ??????.cmp file is in with the ?????.miz mission files. It might not work properly if they are in a subdirectory, just put all the files into the directory mentioned above.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Didnt knew about this Campaign .. I downloaded and put it on the path: /saved games/dcs.openbeta/missions/campaigns/EN/ like this:

jtNm9mZ.jpg

... and the campaign shows up fine on "My Campaigns":

0uqHNPv.jpg

... check your paths, its probably just a typo thats giving you grief.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I upload them to imgur.com and then paste the link here.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Ok, I am missing something here. Please see the steps I take to download a campaign and the corresponding pictures. It's rare I use file extraction tools so perhaps I'm not extracting incorrectly? Looking at these pictures please feel free to chime in with more exact descriptions. What I'm doing is download the file, click the file for the campaign in web browser, then I open file location, then extract it all into the directory. See below and please correct.

Step 1 - Download File

XklS4DR.jpg

Step 2 - Highlight all items in the file so EVERYTHING in this picture, shift click it all to turn everything blue, then I extract it EXACTLY into the correct path you guys are pointing me to

uc7ZyfR.jpg

Step 3 - Look at everything in folder after downloaded. This may look a bit weird cause I've tried a few times by now.

RquTTwO.jpg

Step 4 - Then look in game and see how under missions, campaigns, en, this looks all weird. When I go to my campaigns in game there is NOTHING even there (except the campaigns I bought directly from DCS) so I go to missions in game, then campaigns, en and it looks like below.

RwL9lrF.jpg

Please tell me what on earth I'm doing wrong lol.

Edited by redmantab

You are looking for the Campaign on the MISSIONS menu of DCS ... use the CAMPAIGN menu :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

I know. If you read what I said above I mentioned that my campaigns folder only has the store bought campaigns and the only place I find anything is under the missions tab. Weird

What's even weirder is that I turned off my comp, went to bed, woke up the next day, and now the campaign shows up in the campaign menu. It wasn't there before after checking countless times.

Oh well, I sorta somehow figured it out. Maybe it took "time" somehow to register in game?

... Maybe it took "time" somehow to register in game?

Dont think so ... I downloaded this F5 Campaign, then started DCS and it showed up right away. Its very strange ... anyway, Im happy that you have it working now.

Cheers.