UV lights don't stay on?

TAW_Impalor

I noticed the instruments become dim again some 5-10 seconds after I turn UV lights rheostats (left, right) to maximum. Anything else I forgot to turn on? Only needed it once in the Relic campaign so far...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

It's been ages since I used these, but I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to crank them "to eleven", as they overheat and blow pretty quickly. As they did in real life. You're supposed to dial them down a bit from max. RTFM for details :D.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It's been ages since I used these, but I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to crank them "to eleven", as they overheat and blow pretty quickly. As they did in real life. You're supposed to dial them down a bit from max. RTFM for details :D.

Yes, that's the reason.

it used to be you could just dial them back down a tad bit under max and they wouldnt go out but since then they've made the threshold lower.

dialing them down to where the arrow ends was pretty safe the last time i used them.