Spitfire Liveries Collection mod - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #21
Art-J
Veteran

Post a link to one of the liveries that cause trouble and we'll take a look whether it works fine in current game version or not.

Last edited by Art-J; 05-27-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Art-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:48 AM   #22
Hornetjock

I used your suggestion of this site...

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=361

And used the liveries by Reflected...for instance the RAF Johnnie Johnson.
Hornetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #23
Art-J
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Well then just follow the instructions and replace the C with B if you want to install them inside the game itself. Why you would do this is beyond me as they will get wiped at every update I reckon
No they won't - they're custom folders the updater has no idea about, so it cannot even touch them. Unless someone specifically runs a game cleanup command.

Anyway, back to Hornetjock, I took a look at the Reflected's skin you mention. It is a bit unusual, not having any specific "countries" defined in it at all, but looks like it it can be used with any of them.
I don't know how your folder structure is set up in JSGME, but I can confirm that the skin will become selectable when files end up extracted to either

c:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\

or

[your DCS installation path]\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\
Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 AM   #24
Hornetjock

The path would be :

B\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\

I notice that for me the SpitfireLFMKIX does not have a folder in Liveries...It goes from Soldier Stinger to Stinger Comm. Is that how it should be? Should I just create a folder "SptifireLFMKIX"?
Old 05-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #25
Art-J
Veteran

Indeed, some planes don't have their own folders in "liveries" location and they have to be created manually, that's the case with our Spit as well. Generally correct spelling of the airplane name is critical, as you can see here it's "SpitfireLFMKIX" without any spaces, dashes and such.

Just to be sure - the "RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected" folder must contain only these few loose files with .dds and .lua extension.

Last edited by Art-J; 05-28-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Art-J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:26 AM   #26
Reflected

Glad to hear some of my skins made it into this collection
I never specify any countries in my desciption.lua-s, so that the skin could be used regardless the country. It shouldn't give you any trouble. If the skin still doesn't show up that must have something to do with the location where it's saved.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #27
Hornetjock

Thanks Art-J for your input and assistance - the new liveries are now available. Reflected - great work on the skins and much appreciated.