Heatblur interview by ralfidude

QuiGon

ralfidude did have the opportunity to interview some members of the Heatblur team:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So the AM-54 will be the new slammer but more powerful... say goodbye to MP.

Really? They take their time to give a 1 hour interview, where - among many interesting details - they mention how deeply they researched the Phoenix and will rely on data rather than "feelings" and "balance", and all you take away is "goodbye MP"?! Have you seen their data? Have you compared it with your data, which I'm sure is very extensive and 100% accurate? Oh, whatever...goodbye to you too. :pilotfly:

As far as I'm concerned it can be a useless pile of junk online or a magic kill button, I don't care, as long as it's well researched. And with HB I'm 100% confident they will get it as right as humanly possible.

Edited by Reflected

So the AM-54 will be the new slammer but more powerful... say goodbye to MP.

Just need ED to fix all the other missiles and it will be fine :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Could their next jet be Tornado? Ground radar, multi crew...

That's what I keep saying for quite some time now:

That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:

- Ground Mapping Radar

- JESTER AI

- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

:D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please please please Tornado.

Tomcat & Tornado I’m in dreamland.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

That's what I keep saying here for years now:

:D

I still think the Intruder is the most likely candidate. Heatblur has repeatedly emphasized how they want to flesh out the surroundings for their modules. In the F-14 May Development Updated they said:

We're always been committed to ensuring that we launch of products with as much free, high quality content as we can. This includes e.g. campaigns and AI aircraft, ships and other assets.

Just like they are developing an AI Draken for the Viggen, an AI Intruder is most likely as an addition to the Tomcat. The Intruder is simply needed as a strike aircraft to complement the air wing in the targeted time span. More so as the USS Ranger, one of the Forrestal-class carriers which HB invests much resources to develop, is featured in their planned Persian Gulf campaign. Ranger had the so called "All Grumman Air Wing", which featured two Intruder squadrons and no other strike aircraft. That campaign will simply not work without Intruder. In addition an AI A-6E could be easily modified as KA-6D tanker and with some more effort into a EA-6B Prowler (both important assets to the Tomcat). I think this makes an AI Intruder very likely to happen.

Going from an AI A-6E and taking into account that the planned aircraft will have ground radar and multi crew, a full A-6E module just sounds most logical.

As it seems, Heatblur wants to build some sort of ecosystem (assets, maps) around the Viggen and the Tomcat. A Tornado would require them to create a 3rd ecosystem, which I find unlikely. I think it can be expected that future HB modules fit into the Sweden and US Navy environments that they are currently building up.

Edited by MBot

Really? They take their time to give a 1 hour interview, where - among many interesting details - they mention how deeply they researched the Phoenix and will rely on data rather than "feelings" and "balance", and all you take away is "goodbye MP"?! Have you seen their data? Have you compared it with your data, which I'm sure is very extensive and 100% accurate? Oh, whatever...goodbye to you too. :pilotfly:

As far as I'm concerned it can be a useless pile of junk online or a magic kill button, I don't care, as long as it's well researched. And with HB I'm 100% confident they will get it as right as humanly possible.

It was not my intention to belittle theit work, I appriciate very much what HB is bringing to DCS and i consider them the best 3rd party so far.

What i am trying to say is: the AMRAAM is a beast and they told the AIM-54 is a very capable against fighter pulling over 6 G's and it could reach 160 miles so the MP servers will be not so fun if not restricted because this is DCS and every Tomcat if it have the possibility would carry at least 4 AIM-54.

If you listen more carefully they also specified that 160 miles kills are only possible in perfect conditions, and it's more of a marketing number. It's not like you're at 160 miles pulling 6 G-s and it will hit you. They talked about the anti-fighter capability because Ralfidude mentioned he thought it was a solely anti-bomber missile.

It was not my intention to belittle theit work, I appriciate very much what HB is bringing to DCS and i consider them the best 3rd party so far.

What i am trying to say is: the AMRAAM is a beast and they told the AIM-54 is a very capable against fighter pulling over 6 G's and it could reach 160 miles so the MP servers will be not so fun if not restricted because this is DCS and every Tomcat if it have the possibility would carry at least 4 AIM-54.

Regardless of how the AIM-54 will actually impact multiplayer, DCS has never been about balance :)

It's about making the best virtual representation of a real aircraft (and real weapons systems) possible.

If the AIM-54 really is that much of a game changer, then so be it. Opposing pilots will need to act accordingly.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'm just finishing listening to it, some very exciting behind the scenes info in there. Thanks Ralfidude & HB!

+1. Really looking forward to it. Not because of it's an F-14 as I'm not really a great fun of it but just bacause of the ammount of work, attention to details and innovative features like RIO AI.

The only demotivating thing after watching this video and hearing a lot of great and intersting input is the fact that the main thing people take out from it is again disputing only about the phenix in MP "balance" and speculating on the new plane when this one is not even out yet :doh:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Just want to say that I really appreciate Ralfi and HB taking the time to answer some questions and give us some more small tastes of what is to come and a behind the scenes look at the process. The elements you are developing sound simply amazing. I can't wait for the F-14, and the next project you decide to tackle.

You guys really do set the bar for quality work.

Great interview!! Interesting, my takeaway from the "Heatblur interview" is they are going to reveal the Tomcat pretty soon!

Yeah, they're "Almost there", but then again, they were real close in January too... Also, they mentioned so many teasers and videos that if they release one every week, the Tomcat will come out around Christmas :/

Well done video to the Heatblur team and Ralfidude.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Yeah, they're "Almost there", but then again, they were real close in January too... Also, they mentioned so many teasers and videos that if they release one every week, the Tomcat will come out around Christmas :/

I remember when they said they were confident it'll release summer of 2017.

I'm happy for them to take their time, if it means getting an awesome module.

For me this will be THE aircraft. No military aircraft is more iconic.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Yeah, remember "2017, no exceptions"? Looks like it will be at best Sept-Oct 2018. Q1/2 2019 would also not be a surprise, given Heatblur and DCS' timescales in general. This is the only Bluefor plane that has me seriously hyped, an I absolutely look forward to it's release, whatever year that ends up being. :music_whistling: