Swapping Supercarrier for Stennis in exisitng mission - how?

parxuk

OK, sorry this has probably been asked multiple times and I deserve a good flaming, but a look at the FAQs and previous threads hasn't yielded an answer.

I don't know how to build missions (too busy learning how to fly). Is there an (easy) way to take an existing mission/campaign (Exigent Riviera for instance) and swap the Stennis for the Supercarrier so I can fly from that instead?

Thanks in advance

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

OK, sorry this has probably been asked multiple times and I deserve a good flaming, but a look at the FAQs and previous threads hasn't yielded an answer.

I don't know how to build missions (too busy learning how to fly). Is there an (easy) way to take an existing mission/campaign (Exigent Riviera for instance) and swap the Stennis for the Supercarrier so I can fly from that instead?

Thanks in advance

You can do that using the mission editor. While not necessarily difficult or complex, it is still a bit of work and you should know what you do there to not mess up the flights in the missions (Exigent Riviera is too great, loving that campaign:thumbup:).

That being said, if you are not familiar with the mission editor like you say, be careful messing around. There might be triggers and other stuff associated to the carrier (i.e. the Stennis) that you would need to recreate or rebind to the new carrier asset. And re-assign all the flights, etc, etc.

The Mission Editor is a powerful tool. You can take the opportunity to learn about it while trying out. Just open one of the missions in the ME and save it under a different name. Now you can play around and try swapping the carrier without breaking the original mission/campaign.

Swapping did not work when I did it on release day. Adding the SC to the group did work.

I think you are better adding a SC to the existing group and moving the flights to it. Do this by changing spawn point to turning point, drag to SC and then change soawn to takeoff from ramp or takeoff from parking hot.

If that seems too difficult, your best option is to ask for help.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Do this by changing spawn point to turning point, drag to SC and then change spawn to takeoff from ramp or takeoff from parking lot.

If that seems too difficult, your best option is to ask for help.

Is there a way to manipulate where "Spawn to Ramp" drops the aircraft? For me it always locks it to the position just behind Cat 1.instead of neatly in a parking spot along the edge of the ship.

Couldnt find a tutorial that covered placing multiple spawn aircraft, they all seemed to just show placing static aircraft to fill the deck.

Is there a way to manipulate where "Spawn to Ramp" drops the aircraft? For me it always locks it to the position just behind Cat 1.instead of neatly in a parking spot along the edge of the ship.

Couldnt find a tutorial that covered placing multiple spawn aircraft, they all seemed to just show placing static aircraft to fill the deck.

I think thats not implemented yet, but will come in the future when they add the elevators and stuff.

Thanks for the replies/answers.

Will roll my sleeves up and try and learn the mission editor.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I just learned if you set your flight's takeoff time 1 second after the AI flight, you will start on the next open spot, for example, elevator 1.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Pike,

Page 78 of the SC manual gives some hints, but the numbering of the spots seems a little hinky. If you spawn all the aircraft on the ramp at mission start, it places them in the order you added them to the mission. If you do it that way, and you want a ramp start for your E-2 and S-3, select them 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th, and they'll go into spots 5 - 8, which seem to be sized appropriately for them.

If you are converting an old Stennis mission to use one of new carriers, you won't have control over the order in which aircraft were added to the mission, and you'll need to start all the AI aircraft as inactive and uncontrolled. You'll then need to use triggers to spawn the AI aircraft in order of placement from spot 5 to spot 16.

In SP, if you delay the spawning of the player aircraft, it'll go in one of the spots from 5 -16, too, and unless you have more than 12 aircraft in the launch sequence, the four spots on the six pack will remain empty.

So far, it seems like catapult assignments are by parking spot. I haven't managed to build a mission with aircraft starting in spots 15 and 16 yet, but the first 14 spots appear to be assigned to catapults as follows:

CAT 1: spots 1, 5, 9, 11, 14

CAT 2: spots 2, 6, 10, 12, 13

CAT 3: spots 3, 7, and 15

CAT 4: spots 4, 8, and 16

As for when it all starts, if you place all aircraft on the ramp and make all the AI aircraft uncontrolled, you can start everything up and nothing will taxi until you do.

IMPORTANT: ME will allow you to place two Tomcats at spots 15 and 16, despite the manual saying this won't work. They'll collide when taxiing out from those two spots.

Edited by Yoda967

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Pike,

Page 78 of the SC manual gives some hints, but the numbering of the spots seems a little hinky. If you spawn all the aircraft on the ramp at mission start, it places them in the order you added them to the mission. If you do it that way, and you want a ramp start for your E-2 and S-3, select them 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th, and they'll go into spots 5 - 8, which seem to be sized appropriately for them.

If you are converting an old Stennis mission to use one of new carriers, you won't have control over the order in which aircraft were added to the mission, and you'll need to start all the AI aircraft as inactive and uncontrolled. You'll then need to use triggers to spawn the AI aircraft in order of placement from spot 5 to spot 16.

In SP, if you delay the spawning of the player aircraft, it'll go in one of the spots from 5 -16, too, and unless you have more than 12 aircraft in the launch sequence, the four spots on the six pack will remain empty.

So far, it seems like catapult assignments are by parking spot. I haven't managed to build a mission with aircraft starting in spots 15 and 16 yet, but the first 14 spots appear to be assigned to catapults as follows:

CAT 1: spots 1, 5, 9, 11, 14

CAT 2: spots 2, 6, 10, 12, 13

CAT 3: spots 3 and 7

CAT 4: spots 4 and 8

As for when it all starts, if you place all aircraft on the ramp and make all the AI aircraft uncontrolled, you can start everything up and nothing will taxi until you do.

This is very useful info. Thank you.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

You're welcome. I've updated it with two new bits: spots 15 and 16 will go to CAT 3 and CAT 4 respectively, and be careful not to spot two Tomcats in spots 15 and 16, since they'll collide when taxiing out.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann