DCS SC - RAIN AT NIGHT... Unplayable

Shkval27

The rain by day is awesome but at night...

Impossible to see, to play it's Star Wars.

Check this:

:badmood:

Hope they will correct that on the stable version.

And nothing to say about, clear comms and dumb AI landing just after me on a full deck...

Edited by Shkval27

What does that have to do with performance? This is just a video game

I think what he's saying is that NVG is not appropriate for night ops on the carrier deck. There is sufficient light from other sources to perform night time carrier operations, and indeed the presence of that light is overwhelming the NVG. That is probably the very reason you're not supposed to use them.

That said, the effects do seem excessive, but I'm no expert .. I don't go out at night.

The point is not about NVG. Even without it, I can confirm that it's impossible to make out anything. raindrops get so bright under the floodlights that it looks like hyperspace. I did some tests last night and I agree it's impossible to play at night with rain on the deck. Just check it without NVG on, it looks like star wars. Influence of light on rain should be like 10-20% of the current values.

yes. last night, my friend and I went for a case III with very adverse weather in thunderstorm and wind...

the rain made it IMPOSSIBLE to see anything on the deck.. it was way too white and made a flashy wall..

and I wasn't using any light or NVG. it was the carrier spotlights which made it so

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I'm going to search over the weekend for any config in the effects folder to see if I can tweak oppacity as a workaround, right now is unplayable at night with rain :(

that would be great

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5