Total freeze

draconus

Just had a total freeze and had to kill DCS process. Sound was still audible and the picture was still.

@current beta, map: PG, module: Mig-15, mission: Instant Action - Dogfight

Flew Mig, got shot down, watched F-86 in F2 and freeze.

dcs.zip

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

Thanks for the log

I would be interested in the track replay if it happens again.

If the crash zip folder does not produce one you can also check here

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta

I've been trying to chase down a F-86 issue for a while, this maybe related.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

same here. Impossible to reproduce a log because my system is totally freeze ( I need to push the reset button on my case)

Sound was still audible and the picture was still, I can listen all TeamSpeak vPilots...

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Same here.

When tanks attack LAR airfield on PG map and destroy units and buildings, things are going "off", frame rate comes down to 1 or less fps, then after a few seconds no more move. Funny part: Logfile is still filling with events like shot, destroyed etc. for at least 10 minutes. Then I lost hope and killed DCS.exe. This happened two times with the same mission during the same "period" of mission happenings.

Latest OB, VR, MP, no matter if host or client.

We will now strongly consider changing back to 2.5.5. since playing missions became a total frustration.

Edit: no F-86 was in the mission.

BigNewy: if you are interested, I can invite you to a session and you follow my mission. Would take about 10 minutes to bring the mission to the point where it starts getting mad (which is the point where red forces take over LAR airfield, as simple as that).

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team
Same here.

When tanks attack LAR airfield on PG map and destroy units and buildings, things are going "off", frame rate comes down to 1 or less fps, then after a few seconds no more move. Funny part: Logfile is still filling with events like shot, destroyed etc. for at least 10 minutes. Then I lost hope and killed DCS.exe. This happened two times with the same mission during the same "period" of mission happenings.

Latest OB, VR, MP, no matter if host or client.

We will now strongly consider changing back to 2.5.5. since playing missions became a total frustration.

Edit: no F-86 was in the mission.

BigNewy: if you are interested, I can invite you to a session and you follow my mission. Would take about 10 minutes to bring the mission to the point where it starts getting mad (which is the point where red forces take over LAR airfield, as simple as that).

If you have a track replay showing it I can take a look.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you have a track replay showing it I can take a look.

thanks

Trying to figure out which one it was.

Due to many happenings around we both don't know the exact date and time (must be between 30th of April and 1st of May it happend, but we cannot find a TRK file with that time, neither on his nor on my computer. Could it be that it was not written (if I killed DCS.exe)?

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

If you ever have a freeze and no track replay you can check here

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta

you should see a file called lastmissiontrack.trk

thanks

If you ever have a freeze and no track replay you can check here C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta

you should see a file called lastmissiontrack.trk thanks

OK, this is far too late now, since we played and tested some other things.

Never mind, next time I will check this first. Thanks for the tip!

my computer:

I got it I got it I got it!

ZIP has 40 MB, PM sent with the download link.

Played in MP, alone. Flew the F-5 during the whole time. After a low pass over the airfield which was attacked by RED forces, and turning my head from rear to forward again the framerate suddenly dropped HARDLY, to ~ 1fps, but I pressed PAUSE after a few seconds not to have it freeze completely.

The last event was the dying of a AJS-37 Viggen (STATIC OBJECT) by an artilliery unit firing at the airfield. Latest OB, Nvidia driver version 442.74. Had constant 45 frames during the whole flying, until this very moment.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

• ED Team

Thanks I checked the track, I dont think it played back correctly as I had no F1 View

Frames were good for me, but it looks like it did not show the problem for me sorry.

Thanks for checking.

Indeed the file won't switch to the cockpit of the F-5, just tried it.

So you have a new bug: F1 view is not possible in TRK file. :noexpression:

Words can't express what I am thinking now. Can you imagine?

my computer:

I found a strange event in my DCS.log after once again loosing frame rate, which I haven't seen before:

2020-05-07 21:40:01.023 ALERT   WORLDGENERAL: AI::Controller exception: No state creator for task "AttackUnit" and controller "wcColumn"

What does it mean?

Anyway, I have done a 2nd try, and I got it again!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzcG2SW7NI

PM with TRK (now working) and LOGs sent.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

Freezes

Today I had 2 freezes. No trackfiles at all where saved.

I only got this log-file of the second freeze.

I flew the MiG-21 - started one up, switched slot, and started another one up.

It's the 3rd time the last couple of weeks I've experienced freezes like these.

Both as Server and as Client.

First time it froze for me was just after I hit a GRAD truck on the ground with a GBU.

Second time I was flying around in an MiG-21 and setting up a kh-66 run.

Third time (this log file) I was sitting on the ground, just started up.

//Jarl

Freezes 2020 05 08 dcs.log.txt

Edited by Jarlerus

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this problem for months ,, and took and long break from DCS, hoping this frezze problem was soon resolved. but unfortunately still a problem.

I'll give up soon. tried everything. Can't understand why this is not soon resolved. I Spend so much money on this, that can not just drop it. Spend more time on problems than pleasure at DCS, sad..

Edited by muggedam

I have had this problem for months ,, and took and long break from DCS, hoping this frezze problem was soon resolved. but unfortunately still a problem.

I'll give up soon. tried everything. Can't understand why this is not soon resolved. I Spend so much money on this, that can not just drop it. Spend more time on problems than pleasure at DCS, sad..

That's assuming there's no failure in your PC both hw and sw. Quite bold statement. You forgot to attach dcs.log.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That's assuming there's no failure in your PC both hw and sw. Quite bold statement. You forgot to attach dcs.log.

I wish I could provide a log, but there will be none.

The problem is . the program freezes, and the only way to get out is to kill it via job task..

I've written with BigNewy before. I followed all his advice. about repair, increase page file ect but nothing helps.I have lots of programs and games on my PC. DCS is the only thing that causes problems.

DCS runs on its own SSD and I have no mods installed.

I bought almost all the modules as they came out, so a lot of money, therefore it annoys me all the problems I have.

I wish I could provide a log, but there will be none.

The problem is . the program freezes, and the only way to get out is to kill it via job task..

I've written with BigNewy before. I followed all his advice. about repair, increase page file ect but nothing helps.I have lots of programs and games on my PC. DCS is the only thing that causes problems.

DCS runs on its own SSD and I have no mods installed.

I bought almost all the modules as they came out, so a lot of money, therefore it annoys me all the problems I have.

new flight for about 20 min before frezze, attaches log

dcs.log 23__05_16_23.txt

DID THE SUGGESTED: 1. Repair OB 2. saved "saved games folder" 3. deleted SG folder 4. stared sim 4. "saved Games" folder created 5. replace all my inputs to new folder 6. started sim (after deleting all uninstalled mods). work OK for 4 missions now. Hope it "sticks" :)