Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Thanks!! Good stuff!

Regarding the F-14, I of course fully understand and respect your reasoning, but IAF also operates the F-5E and MiG-21 (F-7)...

Being prior military, there are sometimes reasons for why things are the way they are..................and even those reasons are subject to "need to know" limits.

Working on my mobile here. I have tried a forum search you no avail.

Chuck: I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release of the A-4E community mod. Is it an option for you to create another one of your guides for this particular mod?

Apart from a SFM it's got its own systems, like rader and a clickable pit. In quite some respects it's a bit above the default FC3 planes.

Just wondering. Tia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Chuck, any news about upgrade of F18 guide ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

he made a post somewhere about it...for sure on hoggit on reddit...we have to be patient

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm TorpolM

Thanks for your DCS guide.

There are many DCS players in japan.However,much more people give up DCS because of language.

ED started offical japanese transrate project recentary and It's under proceed.

It will very helpful them,but Flight manual is Heavy regardless language.

I think japanese version quick DCS guides will needed and I want to made guides.But ,I don't have enough knowledge to made DCS guides.

So,I want to translate your guides for japanese.

Could you grant me to translate your guide to japanse?

I'm sorry for my bad english:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not to drift off-topic, but people who apologize for "bad English" deserve appreciation for how well they're doing so far. I should apologize for my handicap in brevity.... sound the "frustrated writer" alert.... Asian languages treat verbs totally differently to English...... there is no verb conjugation; past and future are addressed with tones and accented syllables, where English and the Romantic languages from which English was created use specific modifications of roots of verbs; that alone is a special challenge for Asian learners. I go. I went. I WILL go. I'm going. Koreans use "ing" quite a lot. Close friend from South Korea would say "so, you gonna having fun when going Ocean City, huh?" Often amusing, actually. My estranged wife's name was Aileen ("eye-lean"). MY friend would ask me "how Irene?", I'd say "it's Irene", he'd say "Oh.... how Aileen?" Sry for ramble, but seeing the message and concerns about language was interesting. In terms of manuals and authoring them in various languages, I greatly envy those with enough skills with a second language to be able to translate such material. thanks for toleratin' from a newcomer! Just learning forum do's and don'ts, sry for any shouldn'ts :)

Ah shucks just came here to see if it was out for the F14 yet.

Well time I figured out how to best lay out my controls I reckon.

All of Chuck's efforts have been greatly appreciated!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

F14B

I am really hoping you will be doing a manual for the F14 B I have went through the HeatBlur Manual and I am Totally lost. Seems Like steps are missing. :)

Thrustmaster A10 Warthog

Thrustmaster Rudder

Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

ACPI x64 PC

Corsair K70 RGB LUX

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Intel i7-8700K@3.70GHz

GeFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

Chuck did a nice Preview of the Tomcat:

https://www.mudspike.com/dcs-heatblur-f-14b-tomcat-preview/

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|