HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

No, you're missing the point. There was a pre-order button available which I and others here used earlier. It was later removed. That's from all HP sites, including US.

What they said, was that the pre-order would be available for North America in a couple of days/end of may. My guess is that someone at HP jumped the gun with the pre-order button by a day or two and so they removed it again.

Rest of world in stages starting in June and following into July.

been considering getting into VR... G2 looks tempting. Only wish it came earlier than the fall...

I want a G2 and I'm really excited but missed the preorder :(

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Dont feel bad, perhaps a nice alternative will enter the market before the G2 is in stock ;-)

And the difference to the first genereation Reverb is not too big, so I will read some reviews first before upgrading myself.

- Better audio (Hardly, I use my beyerdynamic cans anyway)

- Better clarity (nice to have, but I like the clarity of the reverb already, no problem with sweet spot)

- Better visual quality with increased brightness, contrast, etc. (nice to have, but not bad too in the reverb one)

- Mechanical IPD (nice to have, but i have the optimal IPD for gen one)

- No mura (i could not describe this, mura non issue for me, perhaps I have bad eyesight ;-)

- lighter and longer cable (Yes!) (nice to have, but I route the reverb one cable over my desk drawer, non issue in the seated position)

- 4 cameras, etc. etc. (perfect tracking for me in gen one, make sure you setup with bounderies, bad tracking in gen one with stationary setup)

Many nice improvements, I think a very good headset the G2, but no need to hurry when you own a gen one already.

I am very happy they manage to achieve the improvments without a price increase. I welcome the coop with valve and microsoft. Gen one users will also profit.

(Considering all this it was time to upgrade my stick NOW)

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I wonder if someone will knock out the v1 at 50% discount. Might be worth a punt.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The better controllers, mechanical IPD adjustment, and home-run cable that is now 6 meters long are enough to get my interest. Those 3 items, IMHO, are the main things holding the G1 back from being a really great HMD.

I just put in my pre-order (Thanks Patersonski! That link works!), so now I'll just have to see if I actually get notified when it becomes available. That didn't happen for the G1, but luckily this forum seems to be more on top of things than HP does in that regard.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Boom. Day1 buy

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I will be more patient, will look forward to hearing reports from you early buyers when you get them sometime late this year...

That looks more like a collect email addresses and get notified button rather than a pre-order or buy button.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

HP having no email support option at least in my region of the world, only offering crappy AI support options, no human follow up to support tickets does not increase my motivation for the G2.

Nevertheless I still think the Reverb is a good HMD overall.

I think some companys have no sense how important support is in a market where there exists the opportunity to sell a HMD nearly every year to returning customers.

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I did miss the preorders. I do hope it's more comfortable than the G1. Without the mechanical ipd which I think I'm fine, I still had to adjust it pretty tight on my face to get the sweet spot properly for use.

Better contrast is something I was looking forward to, although it wasn't the same sharpness in colors as my Odyssey, the G1 is fine for me so this would be a positive.

Thank goodness for the longer cable. Let's hope it's not as thick this time.

I'll be picking one up as soon as I can, although it won't be for a while I bet seeing howbitbmaybbe out of stock for some time. That's okay, I still want a 3080ti too and I may need to upgrade my case or mobo by then too.

Looking forward to reviews from everyone that pre-ordered.

Heck I still have the original Odyssey in the closet that I haven't been able to sell. Then it will be the G1 in there with it. I don't want to collect headsets !

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I did miss the preorders. I do hope it's more comfortable than the G1. Without the mechanical ipd which I think I'm fine, I still had to adjust it pretty tight on my face to get the sweet spot properly for use.

Better contrast is something I was looking forward to, although it wasn't the same sharpness in colors as my Odyssey, the G1 is fine for me so this would be a positive.

Thank goodness for the longer cable. Let's hope it's not as thick this time.

I'll be picking one up as soon as I can, although it won't be for a while I bet seeing howbitbmaybbe out of stock for some time. That's okay, I still want a 3080ti too and I may need to upgrade my case or mobo by then too.

Looking forward to reviews from everyone that pre-ordered.

Heck I still have the original Odyssey in the closet that I haven't been able to sell. Then it will be the G1 in there with it. I don't want to collect headsets !

I read that the cable is smaller and less stiff , being single instead of double barrel design , and that the external plug has been done away with as well . It now plugs directly into the headset .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Just about the only thing that hasn't changed is the resolution!

- Better audio

- Better clarity

- Better visual quality with increased brightness, contrast, etc.

- Mechanical IPD

- No mura

- lighter and longer cable (Yes!)

- 4 cameras, etc. etc.

What else do you want?

Top camera or different camera placement (like Quest). If they had put one more camera on top, it would be no brainer for me. My reverb is excellent except what comes controller tracking.

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Top camera or different camera placement (like Quest). If they had put one more camera on top, it would be no brainer for me. My reverb is excellent except what comes controller tracking.

HP claimed in an MRTV interview that the controller tracking is as good as a Rift S .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

HP claimed in an MRTV interview that the controller tracking is as good as a Rift S .

It can't be when it miss one camera. Most situations we do not need tracking above head, so it may be not a big problem.

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

That looks more like a collect email addresses and get notified button rather than a pre-order or buy button.

Yes, but that’s how it worked with G1. The first group then get a notification that it’s available and you have a link to purchase. It was not showing on the HP site at that time.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Love my Rift S, but ...

hate the audio popping/crackling

hate the lack of support

would like to be able to read the Hornet DDIs without having to "lean in" so my face is almost against them (virtually).

So I've been looking/waiting for a replacement and this sounds like it might be the one!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Love my Rift S, but ...

hate the audio popping/crackling

hate the lack of support

would like to be able to read the Hornet DDIs without having to "lean in" so my face is almost against them (virtually).

So I've been looking/waiting for a replacement and this sounds like it might be the one!

Super Sampling x1.5 does the trick in most situation, if not VR zoom.:smilewink:

But yes, I'm looking forward to this headset too.:D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

HP G2 this fall? Nice. Means I have got this and the next gen gpu card upgrade to do majorly.

Looks like features added are just right for an upgrade for me.

Pretty sure the software department would have been stabilized now with experiences from the reverb.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am using the Rift S. And I don't like Facebook, but they got one hell of a lot right: the price for a start was attractive... pretty low risk way of trying VR. And the mix of stats... none outstanding, but the sum of the parts was better than the individual parts. It's main limitation is resolution however.

This HP / MS / Index G2 looks like being another well integrated "best of" collection of technologies, some pushed ahead a little bit, and at a sensible price. For DCS it really looks compelling. And the resolution combined with all the other systems integration looks like this could be the new winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Fingers crossed that it will live up to high expectations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using the Rift S. And I don't like Facebook, but they got one hell of a lot right: the price for a start was attractive... pretty low risk way of trying VR. And the mix of stats... none outstanding, but the sum of the parts was better than the individual parts. It's main limitation is resolution however.

This HP / MS / Index G2 looks like being another well integrated "best of" collection of technologies, some pushed ahead a little bit, and at a sensible price. For DCS it really looks compelling. And the resolution combined with all the other systems integration looks like this could be the new winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Fingers crossed that it will live up to high expectations.

We still have to deal with windows wmr and steam VR so it's not a one stop shop like it is with oculus. The software side is still split between the two but seeing how it's also development by Microsoft with valve, it should have much better support going down the road.

Many of the pitfalls people experience with wmr could be attributed to not knowing how to use the system. Everything is meant to be launched from within the headset wmr environment and then you don't end up with problems.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Many of the pitfalls people experience with wmr could be attributed to not knowing how to use the system. Everything is meant to be launched from within the headset wmr environment and then you don't end up with problems.

+1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Pre-order button is back on the HP website and you can now pay:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-g2-vr-headset.html

For US delivery it's currently $587 + $14 shipping + $38 tax (to CT) = $640 total.

Edited by Patersonski

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Pre-order button is back on the HP website and you can now pay:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-g2-vr-headset.html

For US delivery it's currently $587 + $14 shipping + $38 tax (to CT) = $640 total.

Yea I want to order but I may be moving this fall so I can see if it will let me use a different shipping address. Oh boy now I'm gonna have three headsets if I don't get rid of the original Odyssey or G1 by that time.

Yup. I ended up discovering by accident that I didn't have to do the WMR dance. All I had to do was put on the HMD, wait for WMR to recognize it, then start DCS. It doesn't get much easier than that. :D

My pre-order is in! :pilotfly:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: