DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

"DCS World

Added check for SSE 4.1 support

Known issues

DCS does not work on PCs with AMD processors that do not meet the minimum requirements of AMD FX"

Do we understand it is an issue the team is still working to fix? I hope it does not mean this processors (and people) are going to be left out.

"DCS World

Added check for SSE 4.1 support

Known issues

DCS does not work on PCs with AMD processors that do not meet the minimum requirements of AMD FX"

Do we understand it is an issue the team is still working to fix? I hope it does not mean this processors (and people) are going to be left out.

What does this even mean? What are minimum requirements of AMD FX?

Wasn’t this line of cpus discontinued in 2017?

• ED Team
What does this even mean? What are minimum requirements of AMD FX?

Lol, sorry))) We'll fix the wording. Actually it means that DCS requires SSE4.1 support, which was a minimum requirement long ago but was not mandatory. Now it is. Hopefully we will make this optional again.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Finally one of the Nato founders, and my beloved country, is added to DCS! Portugal!

Thank you.

Stay all safe,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Finally one of the Nato founders, and my beloved country, is added to DCS! Portugal!

Thank you.

Stay all safe,

F.

Seriously! In a perfect world I got back from Portugal on Sunday, back to work today. The world isn't perfect, and I have to wait until next year to get back from Portugal.

Still working. That's a plus.

Now all we need is the U.S. Navy. I can't see why they would add that, though. It's only the third largest air force in the world.

Ehm,...am i missing something here? When i read the changelog earlier today, there were substantial changes for the Mig-21 in there, as well as some stuff for the Harrier. Both are missing now and ingame the fixes that were mentioned in the changelog are not inplemented. What up?

Ehm,...am i missing something here? When i read the changelog earlier today, there were substantial changes for the Mig-21 in there, as well as some stuff for the Harrier. Both are missing now and ingame the fixes that were mentioned in the changelog are not inplemented. What up?

I would suggest running a repair on your installation.

Just out of curiousity, which changelog are you looking at? Because the changes on the Mig21 and AV8B are on the previous patch. Not this latest patch.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

I would really love to see them move troops and the nations into saved games...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Totally did not expect a patch this week. ED amazes again! pinkie-approved.png

That's why an optional menu with those settings before the start of the core game would be a thing.

No, that's why not having to restart DCS to change settings at all would be a thing. ED, please make DCS stop being like Windows.

At least we've come a far way already with at least some options and especially the mappings being accessible in the sim. Totally glad about that, since DCS was indeed a little hell before that.

Nope, Razbam confirmed some things were removed from the latest patch. Next update then i reckon.

Couldn't find that nessage though...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Lol I didn't know that anything was wrong. The A-10 crashing, AV8B spawning inside another plane and rearming at a FARP I thought were bugs related to the dynamic campaigns I was playing. The F14 AIM7, I thought was just the enemy's sense of self preservation.

Good job ED!

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

No, that's why not having to restart DCS to change settings at all would be a thing. ED, please make DCS stop being like Windows.

Some settings in all games require a restart. DCS is no different. How would you do a change To VR?

No, a preload menu to select build and settings would be ideal. Wait, we already have that in Skate’s utility.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not as easy as Skatezilla’s utility (link in my post above).

At the moment, I just select 2D or VR in a drop down and click on launch to start DCS. Using the built-in method, I would have to run DCS, go to Settings, select a custom preset for VR, DCS would then quit and restart. With all that and launching SteamVR, WMR etc., it’s a mess!

Skate’s utility is THE indispensable tool for managing DCS.

I haven't looked at Skate's utility. Thank you for sharing that with me. You're right - it could certainly be a lot more efficient then the current method.

We could start by Ed actually identifying which settings cause a restart, or actually causing a restart, rather than the random mishmash we have today, I would rather it told me this setting will not be applied until you restart... but that is just me

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I was getting this error:

DCS A-10C Warthog by ED

• If player was hit by missile when in cockpit view, dcs frozen - fixed

Latest patch fixed! Thanks ED!!!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Yeah, are you serious? A 6 core 3.3GHz processor isn't good enough to run this game because someone introduced an SSE4.1 instruction into the code after all this time, even though the game runs flawlessly on this processor up until now?

It has to be a pretty minor use of SSE4.1 if I can still fire up an A-10C or F-18 and fly around without crashing. If I have to buy a new computer to continue just to handle a patch on a game running 40+ FPS on high settings seems absolutely ridiculous and would be a hanging up of my hat.

Wow, complaints because no patch for a month and now 2 in as many days.

Go ED!!!!

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• ED Team

DCS 2.5.6.49798 Open Beta

DCS World

Increased performance in missions with Supercarrier and player's F/A-18 and statics on the deck.

Restored support of CPUs without SSE4.1 (like AMD pre-FX processors).

Thanks all.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wow, complaints because no patch for a month and now 2 in as many days.

For the majority of users (Two thirds) its NO patch in nearly six months...and NOT one (let alone two in sight)

I won't complain tho' - as has been pointed out to me on many, many occasions - expecting bug fixes to allow use of Aircraft modules and DLC campaigns costing literally hundreds of $s is an unreasonable demand...and highlighting it on the forums in the hope that Ed might listen nothing bar, simple "attention seeking"...

Luckily for me I didn't spend all that money in the expectation of being able to play DCS now...I merely put the money down in the hope that it'll be usable at some unspecified point in the future...

Airbag_signatur.png