Increased Fake/Spam registrations/posts

Kuky

I am sure many have noticed, lately there are lot of spam posts on these forums... as a sugestion maybe forum admins can implement new rule that no new registrations are allowed to post for 1-2 days... maybe that will have some effect on reducing fake registrations and spam/advertising posts straight away.

No longer active in DCS...

Perhaps a quiz?

I registered one time in some forums that required to choose the correct answer out of 4 from a question that had something to do with the theme of the forums.

Perhaps 3-4 simple "security" questions should do.

e.g.: What kind of rotor system is used on the Ka-50?

1) Intermeshing rotors

2) Co-axial rotors

3) Tandem rotors

I believe that should keep the spammers at bay. Well, until they figure out a way to get pass.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Neither is feasible unfortunately.

For Kuky's suggestion, it denies legitimate customers immediate access to potential support for example.

For Innerloop's suggestion, not everyone can answer such questions, believe it or not - they might not care about the Ka-50 after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

For Innerloop's suggestion, not everyone can answer such questions, believe it or not - they might not care about the Ka-50 after all.

Is there even so much as a reverse turing test for new users ATM?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Moderating 1st post would solve issue as well.

Simply not publish 1st post of new user till is checked by moderator.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I wish I could castrate spammer with a rusty spoon

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wish I could castrate spammer with a rusty spoon

:lol:

:megalol: Can I join with a rusty corkscrew?

Count me in too!

And what to do with this first post?! Damn!:

I bet he is a spammer!

First post of spammer usually consist text plus links. Moderator job would be just read text - everyone who uses brain recognize it is spam or not :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

And what to do with this first post?! Damn!:

I bet he is a spammer!

when you see post out of nowhere like that:

Originally Posted by alexwdzzzxxx viewpost.gif

Hello...Very nice board. Thanks

just think bit logically... why would anyone normal join the forum and on same day make pointless post like that... it's clear its a spammer :music_whistling:

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Neither is feasible unfortunately.

For Kuky's suggestion, it denies legitimate customers immediate access to potential support for example.

A simple question like how many legs on a dog will do the trick. Obvious to a human, pure carbage to a bot. When I implemented the same on my forum spam went down 99.9% immediatly.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

A simple question like how many legs on a dog will do the trick. Obvious to a human, pure carbage to a bot. When I implemented the same on my forum spam went down 99.9% immediatly.

I have actually seen a 2, 3 and 5 legged dog, so if a bot answers with any of those numbers, they could still technically be correct.

Also, what about those who live in chernobyl ? 0 - 99 would be correct for them.

Recently ED fails completely in a fight against spammers :)

Long time ago was a great imho solution - Blue Frog - in this case mail spam were returned to Blue Frog and then many of people don't know if not hundreds of thousands mailed product company to stop spamming. It worked so greatly that BF has been killed. Interestingly, no one was then so brave - yes brave - to start again BF in new conception. Simply shame!

Edited by Boberro

ಠ_ಠ

Registrations should be banned completely. And One username/password should be issued automatically along with the serial number when the game is purchased. How about that?

So the forums are going to force you to purchase the sim in order to register?

NOT a good idea :huh:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Registrations should be banned completely. And One username/password should be issued automatically along with the serial number when the game is purchased. How about that?

Not everyone wants to buy software :)

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team
Recently ED fails completely in a fight against spammers

Such statements shows that you don't really know how spammers work nowadays. There are almost no more bots, but real people getting money for registering and placing ad's on forums.

It's not like a simple CAPTCHA change would be sufficient...

Such statements shows that you don't really know how spammers work nowadays. There are almost no more bots, but real people getting money for registering and placing ad's on forums.

It's not like a simple CAPTCHA change would be sufficient...

Maybe I am bit benighted in this area, but why not to moderate 1st post?

So far if those are people you will not ban whole IP world, so you can only delete posts, yes? :)

ಠ_ಠ