Warthog Covers

Deadman

This is so typical. Always miss the good part :(

Any chance you will be making these without the remove before flight flag, but with the coard to hold on flags?

And speaking of dust cover. Somebody should come up with some clever dust cover for the rudder pedals. They seems terrible down there covered in dust.......or maybe i sould just use the vacumcleaner more often, if i can find it ;-)

Edited by bugkiller

i7-3960X Extreme Edition-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme-16 Gb G.Skill Quad Channel-ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II TOP EDITION-Intel 520 Series 240 Gb SSD-2 x WD Caviar Black Edition 2Tb SATA 6Gb-CM Cosmos II-Corsair H100-Logitech G19-Corsair AX1200 Pro. 80 Pluss-Samsung Syncmaster S23A700D-2 x Samsung Syncmaster XL2370-TrackIR 5-Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O.7-ASUS BW-12B1LT Blu-ray burner-TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. no. 12354)-TM MFD's-Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit-joyloc cockpit brackets

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI I am in the beginning of a new project no idea if I will have time to make any covers or not. Thanks

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

OK, platform and all that aside, how long until your prototype front dash is operational? Are you willing to go that extra mile for the side panels, specifically the left side, or radio side? Both sides would be worth every penny as most people including myself, cannot fathom the wiring required for any U.I. let alone a simulated radio stack. I would like to jump on that bandwagon first and request directions to your thread as to invest and request.

I must assume that any form of metal would be just too cumbersome. The best results I have seen for any fairly inexpensive control panel (from N Scale R.R. to F-15) turns out to be plexiglass of appropriate thickness' and the triple throw, double pole switches or whatever is needed. The later is procured at the electronics shaq and the plexiglass from most hardware stores. The use of spray paint on the back makes for a great reflective, colored (or mostly gloss black) surface. The perforations can be made without cracking the material. It can be cut to the proper angles. Adhesives are legion and the thin plastic cover is removed by the end user for that "shiny, new" look. Dont forget the adjustable backlighting to illuminate the reverse stenciled instructions for each switch (never fades as it is never touched).

In closing, let me know what your schedule looks like for the prototype. I would be happy to invest in your idea, but only to net as many pieces of a replica pit as possible. Not as a bussiness investment. I believe that it is such a niche market that the time and talent brought together just for completion would push the price through the roof. Not to mention any expressed or implied warranty. I do however wish you many fulfilled orders and no returns.

As a final note, I could REALLY use a set of covers... wife may just stitch them out of an old A.L.I.C.E., but I would love the logo or monogram and I don't care about the "Tag". It is a clincher for some, but I just need to keep the Maui silt and burned cane out of my throttle quadrant.

HI Crusher this is way off topice for a thread that is basically closed.

Here are a fe answers in red for you. I do it this way so I get most of the questions answered.

OK, platform and all that aside,I have been reworking the support structure for a few days now how long until your prototype front dash is operational? No Idea I just finished the knob and cover runs people that did not see or really think i was closing the run are still asking for covers. I am trying to accommodate them in my limited spare time.

Are you willing to go that extra mile for the side panels, specifically the left side, or radio side? Both sides would be worth every penny as most people including myself, cannot fathom the wiring required for any U.I. let alone a simulated radio stack. I would like to jump on that bandwagon first and request directions to your thread as to invest and request.

If i understand correctly you want me to make fully functional control panels I.E. the AUX light Panel Fuel Panel, or radio control panels.

No I a m not going there. Panels have been made by several people. the market has enough panel makers at this time.

I all so think in people have limited budgets fully functional panels with back lighting even with out the correct Mil spec switches would cost several hundred dollars each.

I must assume that any form of metal would be just too cumbersome. The best results I have seen for any fairly inexpensive control panel (from N Scale R.R. to F-15) turns out to be plexiglass of appropriate thickness' and the triple throw, double pole switches or whatever is needed. Mounting toggle switches on plexi is a bad idea in my opinion. The use of the switch sooner or later will crack the Plexi radiating out from the whole for the switch to an edge.

The later is procured at the electronics shaq and the plexiglass from most hardware stores. The use of spray paint on the back makes for a great reflective, colored (or mostly gloss black) surface. Gloss black big mistake you want matte/ flat black .

The perforations can be made without cracking the material. It can be cut to the proper angles. Adhesives are legion and the thin plastic cover is removed by the end user for that "shiny, new" look. Dont forget the adjustable backlighting to illuminate the reverse stenciled instructions for each switch (never fades as it is never touched).

In closing, let me know what your schedule looks like for the prototype. I would be happy to invest in your idea, but only to net as many pieces of a replica pit as possible.Thanks for the offer but Orders for the Main Instrument Panel will be paid up front to pay for the units. Not as a bussiness investment. I believe that it is such a niche market that the time and talent brought together just for completion would push the price through the roof. Ah you have step upon one of my conundrums producing high quality replicas at reasonable price. Not to mention any expressed or implied warranty. I do however wish you many fulfilled orders and no returns.

As a final note, I could REALLY use a set of covers... wife may just stitch them out of an old A.L.I.C.E., but I would love the logo or monogram and I don't care about the "Tag". It is a clincher for some, but I just need to keep the Maui silt and burned cane out of my throttle quadrant.I will PM you if I have time and material

I hope this answers some of your questions

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 4 weeks later...