KA-50 Switch Covers

londo-cat

if you find any distributor that sells them please tell us cause i didnt find any

Well - while the above link was good for some switches and covers, the ones I want have to be made from scratch. What I *DID* get however was a real KA-50 switch cover from a ebay sale, so took it apart and I am having them made in plastic.

I've made them generic (for switch position up and down) with no holes in them, and just made the master molds now. I can make 5 switches covers at a time now, but need to let them cure for a bit before I start drilling them with a dremel and making them work with the American switches I am using.

Hopefully they work as planned (crossing fingers). I was thinking of putting in a two-pole micro-switch so that the game would know when the switch cover was up or down, but this can be a futuer add-on. Right now just trying to get the cover to look right, so not worried about simulator functionality at the moment.

The plates the KA-50 switches use had to be made by a metal shop, so gave them the original and they are making me 50 of the plates for a chunk of money.

I had my brother (He works for United Airlines in the engine shop) create 2 of them from the original and they worked fine and from his drawings I was able to get a machine shop to quote me for 50 of them. I fitted in the "SPDT" switch and then did drilling with my dremel and it worked pretty good closed and open.

The springs and clips that came with the original switch cover were included in the metal shop's price quote ($150) to replicate.

Once completed, I will take some pics and then also transfer the specs and dimensions to Autocad and then post the PDF up here for others to replicate.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Edited by londo-cat