wearing glasses

CyStryker

Gents:

Might find of interest.. for eye glass wearers.. like me.

Blunty provided a video of a review of the VR Optrisan and the VR-Lens Lab.com individual lens and frame inserts. U provide the prescription. AND the vr headset identification. They can only design the lense/frame inserts when they have access to the specs on the headsets... hopefully this all ready available for the Cosmos, Reverb and the Index. I believe the placement of these lense inserts into the headset should allow a closer eye to the VR lenses.. and therefore a wider fov.

I hope this info is helpful.

CyStryker

I ordered the VR optician snap in lenses for the Rift S last week. I also have the VR frames coming from VR Lens Lab. I ordered them before I saw the snap in lenses but couldn't cancel because they had already shipped.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Also, consider the goggle option from VR-lens.com. It's kept up with my journey through 4 or 5 HMDs. I actually bought the CV1 inserts and thought "hmmm, this bespoke solution won't scale!" :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I am very happy with the prescription inserts I have from VR Optician for the Oculus Rift. I am slightly short sighted at -1.25 SPH and the Oculus focal length is more than 1m so the image is blurry without the inserts.

But I don't need any inserts for the Vive Pro fortunately because its focal length is much shorter at around 75cm and I can see clearly at that distance.

• 1 month later...

Prescrip Lenses for Rift-S?

So anyone using the Rift-S with these inserts VR-lens.com ? I'm thinking about buying a set this week would like to hear some opinions.. :pilotfly: Just ruined a new pair of glasses I scratched the damm tint off them had to replace them.. :( :cry: So looks like this is my best option also I have bifocals does that matter in VR?

Edited by Screamer63