A word of warning about monstertech desk mounts

I recently purchased a set of hotas throttle and stick desk mounts from monstertech and these guys are terrible. I have seen other people using these mounts, and looking at their products and reviews everything looked great. The stick mount came in first and when I opened the box they had sent the wrong assembly hardware (the nuts were different sizes than the bolts). I spent a couple hours running around town before I found some hardware that I could rig to make it work. I contacted their support and days later they contacted me and told me that yes, they sent out the wrong hardware with that batch of orders and that they would be sending replacement hardware. I have yet to receive it.

Today I got my throttle mount in and this time the assembly hardware was correct, however the mounting plate was not.

If your looking for a desk mount save yourself the frustration and look for an alternative to this company.

I have no personal experience with Monstertech , although generally their reputation has been stellar . However , and particularly for those in the US , you can save a hekuva lot of money by purchasing Foxx deskmounts .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I had no problems with my Monstertech order: two desk mounts and two adapter plates. Excellent design, correct parts included, no defects, good packing, fast delivery and dispatch.

Sorry to hear that things did not go as they should have for you, but one batch of orders having a problem does not mean that the whole company is bad. The main focus should be - given a mistake was made - how they deal with correcting the mistake. And secondly, take steps to prevent it happening again.

I know that the CEO was explaining that they have taken on a lot of new staff this year... maybe he needs to make sure new people are as well trained, motivated and generally "on the ball" as the long standing staff members? Small company, growing pains and all that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had no problems with my Monstertech order: two desk mounts and two adapter plates. Excellent design, correct parts included, no defects, good packing, fast delivery and dispatch.

Sorry to hear that things did not go as they should have for you, but one batch of orders having a problem does not mean that the whole company is bad. The main focus should be - given a mistake was made - how they deal with correcting the mistake. And secondly, take steps to prevent it happening again.

I know that the CEO was explaining that they have taken on a lot of new staff this year... maybe he needs to make sure new people are as well trained, motivated and generally "on the ball" as the long standing staff members? Small company, growing pains and all that.

+1.

The mounts are awesome, proper quality with solid materials. Cannot recommend them enough. Issues with orders happen from time to time, it is inevitable. Being unfortunate enough to experience it is pure bad luck, nothing wrong with the company in my opinion.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Actually they were two separate orders. I can understand that they may have taken on new employees, and I believe that to be a likely scenario as the snafu with both of my orders showing this however after spending $300 ($200 for the parts, $100 for the shipping) I cannot in good faith recommend their products to anyone especially when they still haven't rectified the issue with the incorrect hardware being sent on the first order. I am sure many people including yourself have had good experiences with the products you have ordered from them in the past but clearly they are not doing a very good job in the present.

Actually they were two separate orders. I can understand that they may have taken on new employees, and I believe that to be a likely scenario as the snafu with both of my orders showing this however after spending $300 ($200 for the parts, $100 for the shipping) I cannot in good faith recommend their products to anyone especially when they still haven't rectified the issue with the incorrect hardware being sent on the first order. I am sure many people including yourself have had good experiences with the products you have ordered from them in the past but clearly they are not doing a very good job in the present.

Genuinely sorry to hear that Swampy. Obviously the carriage from Germany to US makes it extra expensive for you. Have you sent Olsen an email to explain your issues and make sure it gets sorted out to your satisfaction. I've communicated with him and I've found him very responsive and helpful. If you send to info@monstertech.de he will get the message.

He can also be found here on the DCS forum if you DM him: meisterolsen

Hope this helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Going to throw my oar in this water too. I had decided not to say anything a few weeks ago, but after reading this post, I'm going to sound off as well. I recently had the same exact experience as the OP, so don't write him off as a "one off", or "it just happens". Also, so far as the whole "it matters how they fix problems, not that they occur" idea....

I ordered about $850 worth of mounts from Monster as well, some extra plates for various HOTAS I have, 3 desk mounts, a keyboard desk mount, and the mouse mount.

I too was missing hardware to mount the items when the box arrived - this after DHL (not Monsters fault) sent my package to China and then around the world before it came. I was missing 2 of the little 3-unit mounting pieces, the sliding part with the spring ball bearing, the bolt, and the circular part that receives the bolt. I emailed/support ticketed for 8 days before getting a response (claim to have been sick/away for a week).

They then assured me my parts would be sent out - I was missing one set for a desk mount, and one set for my mouse pad mounting plate, making the whole thing useless for me to set up as I already have VKB mounts, I bought these so I could have a keyboard and mouse plate mount, and all match from the same company.

A month almost later, still no parts in the mail. After more email/etc tries and finally resorting to a phone call, I was told the German mail could be slow, but I was assured parts were on the way, and that they would resend more anyway. Only one set arrived, so obviously they forgot the first time, as it took another 2 weeks for the parts to show up after the phone call.

I'm still missing one set, and I've had to use a jury rigged thing to get the mouse pad plate to not flop about as it is missing 1 of the 2 securing points needed.

I won't be buying from them again, I had planned on setting up another of our gaming PC stations with another 3 or 4 mounts as I have with mine so I can do HOSAS for space sims on it as well, but I'll be going elsewhere this time.

For over $850s, I was pretty unimpressed with missing not 1 but 2 sets of parts, one of which I haven't and will never get I'm sure, and it taking almost 7 weeks to get just one of these sets of parts. From the time I ordered until I finally got enough parts to assemble the 3 desk mounts (remember one part of one is still jury rigged to this day), it was 11 weeks.

Not the best customer service by a long shot. The products themselves are fantastic though, at least they would be if I had all the parts.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Thank you Milou, Yes I have emailed him through the companies website, and due to the time zone differences I won't expect to hear back from him until at least tomorrow.

Wow Gman, I thought I had it bad. My condolences on your situation.

I have purchased and am using two Monster Tech Mounts.

One extended for my Gunfighter Pro, and one standard for my Warthog Throttle.

They sent me the wrong plate for the Gunfighter mount, sent a Warthog plate instead of Gunfighter plate. His support was a pleasure to deal with and very prompt, and he got out right away the correct plate for me.

I have been using both these mounts for a while now, the quality and ease of using are both superb. I do not hesitate to recommend them.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I personally have had good luck with them. Just received a set for my TM Warthog and everything was packaged well and all the correct parts included. This is my second set and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Hope you get your problems resolved quickly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

It's just the nature of online sales, some you win, a few you lose. I've purchased 3 VKB Gunfighters (3 different orders), 2 Virpil T50, 2 Warbrd, 2 T50 Throttles, and a bunch of accessories from both, and had no problems, and excellent customer service from both. Yet you'll find a few people with similar experiences to my MonsterTech experience with Virpil/VKB who have posted as much.

It happens.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Sorry to hear about your trouble. My experience was great, although that was a few years ago now. My only complaint is that maybe they were a bit too expensive, but at the time there was only one place to get that sort of product.

Just ordered from Foxx. Obviously haven’t received my stuff yet, but working with him has been amazing - one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever had, full stop.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino